Today is Monday
Sometimes there are these magical moments where everyone is happy and getting along and doing things together and for each other. It is amazing.
This afternoon...Anya is drawing a picture for Nora. They are planning it out together and both completely engaged and happy.

Evan is making me a birthday present. Don't look!

Tonight we made pretzels. I meant to make them right after school for a pre-dinner snack or to go with dinner, but they ended up being a mid-dinner project to be eaten for dessert.

I gave Anya a cookbook for her birthday and we've been wanting to try this recipe ever since. I made the dough by myself and then let the kids roll the dough and shape the pretzels.



I love the sight of their little hands rolling the dough.



The pretzels were yummy. Oops, I forgot to take a picture of the finished product. They didn't end up with holes in them because they got so puffy, but they were tasty. And I'm still shocked how well Nora could roll the dough.
This afternoon...Anya is drawing a picture for Nora. They are planning it out together and both completely engaged and happy.
Evan is making me a birthday present. Don't look!
Tonight we made pretzels. I meant to make them right after school for a pre-dinner snack or to go with dinner, but they ended up being a mid-dinner project to be eaten for dessert.
I gave Anya a cookbook for her birthday and we've been wanting to try this recipe ever since. I made the dough by myself and then let the kids roll the dough and shape the pretzels.
I love the sight of their little hands rolling the dough.
The pretzels were yummy. Oops, I forgot to take a picture of the finished product. They didn't end up with holes in them because they got so puffy, but they were tasty. And I'm still shocked how well Nora could roll the dough.

2 Comments:
I wonder what Evan is making you. Happy (early) Birthday!
Oh my goodness, how much they've GROWN since I've last seen pictures!!!
Post a Comment
<< Home