Missing you...
Oh, dear blog, how I've missed you. I miss the reflection and sharing the stories and the photos.
But then a few days go by...
And then weeks...
And months...
And hopefully not years.
I always have these grand plans and intentions of reviving this space into something regular and wonderful. But why can't I do it? There always seems to be something in the way. And while I can list a lot of excuses, the thing really standing in the way? It's me. I'm not making time for this and I really regret not having done so. This blog is an important way for people to stay connected to us and it is fun to share our lives. But mostly, I do it for me and for the reflection it offers me and for the feeling that my life is not slipping away too fast.
So, blah, blah, blah, I hope to do better. That's always my story - either in my head or when I actually write it here. Same old, same old.
I feel a great sense of relief after posting those photos just now. 172 snapshots into our lives that took me two hours to choose and post and caption. No small feat with Evan and Nora climbing all over me and begging me away from the computer. But I stood (or rather sat) firm and got it done. And now I just want to write more. To write more, to take more photos, to not give up. So, here's what I'm going to try and do for one week. For one week only. I'm making my goal small, you see. So it seems manageable and harder to fall off track.
I'm going to post every day for one week. Remember when I did that once upon a time?
This post and the post with all the pictures don't count. Well, of course they count because they are inspiring this project. But stay tuned. I will post again before the day is out. I know a couple of you will be/have been obsessively checking your google reader feed for my return. Most of you aren't that crazy/interested, so you can catch up whenever you happen to stumble onto my blog again and wonder if I'm ever going to write.
Surprise...I did!
And I will...
But then a few days go by...
And then weeks...
And months...
And hopefully not years.
I always have these grand plans and intentions of reviving this space into something regular and wonderful. But why can't I do it? There always seems to be something in the way. And while I can list a lot of excuses, the thing really standing in the way? It's me. I'm not making time for this and I really regret not having done so. This blog is an important way for people to stay connected to us and it is fun to share our lives. But mostly, I do it for me and for the reflection it offers me and for the feeling that my life is not slipping away too fast.
So, blah, blah, blah, I hope to do better. That's always my story - either in my head or when I actually write it here. Same old, same old.
I feel a great sense of relief after posting those photos just now. 172 snapshots into our lives that took me two hours to choose and post and caption. No small feat with Evan and Nora climbing all over me and begging me away from the computer. But I stood (or rather sat) firm and got it done. And now I just want to write more. To write more, to take more photos, to not give up. So, here's what I'm going to try and do for one week. For one week only. I'm making my goal small, you see. So it seems manageable and harder to fall off track.
I'm going to post every day for one week. Remember when I did that once upon a time?
This post and the post with all the pictures don't count. Well, of course they count because they are inspiring this project. But stay tuned. I will post again before the day is out. I know a couple of you will be/have been obsessively checking your google reader feed for my return. Most of you aren't that crazy/interested, so you can catch up whenever you happen to stumble onto my blog again and wonder if I'm ever going to write.
Surprise...I did!
And I will...

3 Comments:
Yay!!!! Bring it on! What a nice surprise. And great pics!
Great to get a glimpse at your lives again. I can't believe how big Nora is, my it has been a while! Keep them coming, maybe I can finally get around to my list as well...
So excited!
Post a Comment
<< Home