Evan's 18 month appointment
On Monday, we had Evan's 18 month checkup. Here are his stats.
Height - 32.5 inches - 55th percentile
Weight - 27 lbs. 6 oz. - 70th percentile
Head - 19.75 inches - 96th percentile
Before the appointment we had to fill out a developmental questionnaire about all the things Evan is or is not doing at 18 months. The doctor said he is right on track with everything except for language, but that wasn't surprising for us. They seem to recognize us as the family with picky eaters and slow language development.
The doctor said that he looked great and was obviously eating fine from his size! She asked how many words he can say and I guessed maybe 10-15, but I wasn't sure. She said that for his age they usually like to see 18-20 words. However, the little sheet they sent home with us says that 18 month olds should be saying 50 words, so that's a big difference. So, I of course had to count them up yesterday to see for sure.
Here's his list...
hi
hello
bye
no
yeah
yes
mommy
daddy
anya
uh-oh
down
up
this
these
pizza
whoa
nigh-nigh
moo
baa
And he has learned a few signs...
more
please
eat
drink
all done
So, I guess he's fine on the straight word count if you go by the 18-20 guidelines. Its just the more complex communication concepts he's not doing yet. As usual, our doctor isn't worried and neither are we.
Evan and Anya both got flu shots at this appointment. Anya did surprisingly well with the anticipation of the shots. She was scared, but not upset. But for the actual shots, they were both howling. Life basically returned to normal for the rest of the day, except whenever something reminded Anya of her pain. She came close to throwing up two times because she got so worked up. Fun times. But we got through it.
Height - 32.5 inches - 55th percentile
Weight - 27 lbs. 6 oz. - 70th percentile
Head - 19.75 inches - 96th percentile
Before the appointment we had to fill out a developmental questionnaire about all the things Evan is or is not doing at 18 months. The doctor said he is right on track with everything except for language, but that wasn't surprising for us. They seem to recognize us as the family with picky eaters and slow language development.
The doctor said that he looked great and was obviously eating fine from his size! She asked how many words he can say and I guessed maybe 10-15, but I wasn't sure. She said that for his age they usually like to see 18-20 words. However, the little sheet they sent home with us says that 18 month olds should be saying 50 words, so that's a big difference. So, I of course had to count them up yesterday to see for sure.
Here's his list...
hi
hello
bye
no
yeah
yes
mommy
daddy
anya
uh-oh
down
up
this
these
pizza
whoa
nigh-nigh
moo
baa
And he has learned a few signs...
more
please
eat
drink
all done
So, I guess he's fine on the straight word count if you go by the 18-20 guidelines. Its just the more complex communication concepts he's not doing yet. As usual, our doctor isn't worried and neither are we.
Evan and Anya both got flu shots at this appointment. Anya did surprisingly well with the anticipation of the shots. She was scared, but not upset. But for the actual shots, they were both howling. Life basically returned to normal for the rest of the day, except whenever something reminded Anya of her pain. She came close to throwing up two times because she got so worked up. Fun times. But we got through it.

2 Comments:
Yeah, Evan! I can't believe he's already 1.5 years old! He's a big 'un too! I think I remember Ben being bigger than him during our first visit (when Ben was 4 months, Evan 6), but he's sure passed Ben up! I think Ben is only 21-22 pounds now. :)
Also, that sounds like a lot of words to me! Ben sometimes says mama or dada, but that's about it. He's recently started Babbling A LOT, so I'm hopeful real words will soon emerge. I think he's speaking Arabic, though, as it sounds pretty different than English.
I miss you and your little ones! Keep up the updates!
Yeah, Evan! Lots of good words.
Anya is doing pretty well with the shots - at least compared to her mommy.
It takes all kinds - Hilary would want to watch and ask questions.
Not you or me or Anya!
Post a Comment
<< Home