Tuesday, October 07, 2008

other sewing projects

Several people have asked to see some of my other sewing projects I have been working on.

Here's the bag I made in my tote bag class at Joann's. It is quite detailed with inside and outside pockets of all kinds.



And since making that one, I found another pattern I figured out to make a little simpler tote bag and I've made these two and have orders for several for Christmas presents.





I have also made two more skirts like the original green one I made for Anya. The blue one is for Anya and the brown one is for Dylan (recognize the fabric from my pillow?).





And then I've been working on several projects for Anya. Here is a photo of the blanket I made with Kathy's help that got me started on this great crafty adventure.



We recently received a special doll bed from Illinois. It was a bed that my grandpa made for my mom to play with. Then when I was born, he fixed it up and I slept in it when I was a baby. It then went on to be played with many years by me as a child. We gave it a new coat of paint in Colorado and Anya got to help. She was SO excited to get to paint herself.





I made a new mattress out of foam and covered it with leftover fabric from Anya's bed comforter. It now has a place in Anya's room where "pink baby," formerly known as "Carrie" when she was my baby, has a cozy place to sleep. So far Evan hasn't even attempted to climb in, which is surprising.



I had some leftover foam from the mattress, so I made some mattresses, pillows and blankets for Anya and Evan's dollhouse.





Since everyone was getting mattresses, Anya thought that her doll pack-n-play needed a mattress, too. Luckily, I had scrap of foam leftover that fit perfectly.



And finally, Anya wanted some little pillows for her babies. She has one favorite pillow that used to be my doll pillow when I was little, but it is falling apart in ways I could not fix, so I made her two new ones. (Kim, recognize the fabric? And hey, good thing I had you save those scraps of batting!) The blanket was Anya's idea because she found that I had a scrap of fabric leftover from when Grandma Kathy had made her a sleeping bag for Christmas and decided that I should make her doll a blanket to match.



Let me know if you think of anything fun I can make. I've got a couple more ideas, but I'm afraid I'm going to run out after I work on the Christmas presents I'm planning.

4 Comments:

Blogger Crystal said...

You have a great eye for color combinations. You are most certainly your mother's child! Anya looks so grown up in those pictures. She looks like she's put on some height since I last saw her.

6:27 PM  
Blogger Hilary said...

you are awesome! i love the totes - especially the cute red one. and dylan's skirt is so fabulous! she'll love it and i do too! and yes, that is totally my diaper bag fabric in the first pic. :) great minds think alike.

7:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow - you do have some talent there! What great items you've put together -and I have to agree with Crystal that you have a great eye for color combos.

Sew me a skirt next! J/K - but only because I don't wear skirts.

Here's a challenge for your next project. I'm trying to get my mom to sew one for Ben:
http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=15971437

7:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hilary is right, the red bag is way cute. Whoever ends up with that one is really lucky.
;-)

9:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home