fall treats
Today Anya took a cooking class called Fall Treats. It was offered through the city recreation department. She was really not happy that I signed her up two weeks ago for this class because she had to go all by herself. In fact, she cried about it for a while. She was most concerned that she wouldn't be able to reach because the counter would be too high. I assured her that either they would have something for her to stand on or they would have a low counter or table she could reach herself.
The past couple of days she has whined about not wanting to go by herself a lot. But by the time this morning rolled around, she was genuinely excited. She even decided to pick out clothes that she thought her teacher would like.
We got to the class and she looked a little timid, but she just walked right in and got her name tag and found a place to sit. It was so cute. Evan and I ran a couple of errands during the hour and a half class and then we were back to pick her up. It was strangely quiet in the car and in the stores without Anya's company, but kind of a nice little break just being able to do stuff without having to answer a lot of questions.
We picked her up and she had her creations all ready to go. They made popcorn balls, candy apples and a pumpkin pudding pie with a graham cracker crust. She was so proud of what she had made and told me all about how they made everything. The teacher told me how she had just spilled water on herself, but Anya just shrugged her shoulders and said, "It's okay. It will dry!" Anya later told me the same story and how when she had said that a little girl next to her said, "no, it won't!" I asked her what she said and she said, "yes, it will!" I asked her if the girl said it in a mean way or a nice way or if she was just talking. Anya said, "well, she was just talking, but she had a mad face on." But really, she just seemed to think the girl was silly because of course water will dry.
She wanted to know what we would do with the apple since she won't eat it. And I said that somebody else would maybe eat it, but that she could eat some of the caramel and the M&M's off of it. She liked that idea. She ate a little bit of popcorn and a couple slivers of caramel, but she wanted to save everything to show daddy when he gets home tonight. She's so grown up!

The past couple of days she has whined about not wanting to go by herself a lot. But by the time this morning rolled around, she was genuinely excited. She even decided to pick out clothes that she thought her teacher would like.
We got to the class and she looked a little timid, but she just walked right in and got her name tag and found a place to sit. It was so cute. Evan and I ran a couple of errands during the hour and a half class and then we were back to pick her up. It was strangely quiet in the car and in the stores without Anya's company, but kind of a nice little break just being able to do stuff without having to answer a lot of questions.
We picked her up and she had her creations all ready to go. They made popcorn balls, candy apples and a pumpkin pudding pie with a graham cracker crust. She was so proud of what she had made and told me all about how they made everything. The teacher told me how she had just spilled water on herself, but Anya just shrugged her shoulders and said, "It's okay. It will dry!" Anya later told me the same story and how when she had said that a little girl next to her said, "no, it won't!" I asked her what she said and she said, "yes, it will!" I asked her if the girl said it in a mean way or a nice way or if she was just talking. Anya said, "well, she was just talking, but she had a mad face on." But really, she just seemed to think the girl was silly because of course water will dry.
She wanted to know what we would do with the apple since she won't eat it. And I said that somebody else would maybe eat it, but that she could eat some of the caramel and the M&M's off of it. She liked that idea. She ate a little bit of popcorn and a couple slivers of caramel, but she wanted to save everything to show daddy when he gets home tonight. She's so grown up!

2 Comments:
she's SOOOO cute! I love her outfit, my gosh. I'll eat the candy apple. :)
I love those tights!
Post a Comment
<< Home