And then there were four...
So, last night after the kids went to bed, Steve and I spent almost three hours cleaning the kitchen and surrounding areas. We didn't even finish, but we made a huge impact. The most important part was that we were able to clean up all the mouse droppings. Yuck.
We obviously didn't know if we had really caught all the mice, but we wanted to start with a clean slate so that we could tell if we saw any evidence of them again.
Well, it turns out that another dead mouse caught in a trap was evidence enough this morning. Boo. That brings our total to four. Incredible. And of course, we have no current way of knowing if we have reached the end or we're just beginning.
Personally, if we see one more little bugger or any evidence of one, I'm ready to call in the professionals. I think we (STEVE) is doing a great job at setting traps and catching them, but I guess I will soon be looking for a professed expert to see if they can help with the current situation and see what we can do to prevent future invasions.
The good news is that I spent a good portion of the day at home yesterday and today and have grown a little less phobic about being in the kitchen. Still scared, but a little less so.
We obviously didn't know if we had really caught all the mice, but we wanted to start with a clean slate so that we could tell if we saw any evidence of them again.
Well, it turns out that another dead mouse caught in a trap was evidence enough this morning. Boo. That brings our total to four. Incredible. And of course, we have no current way of knowing if we have reached the end or we're just beginning.
Personally, if we see one more little bugger or any evidence of one, I'm ready to call in the professionals. I think we (STEVE) is doing a great job at setting traps and catching them, but I guess I will soon be looking for a professed expert to see if they can help with the current situation and see what we can do to prevent future invasions.
The good news is that I spent a good portion of the day at home yesterday and today and have grown a little less phobic about being in the kitchen. Still scared, but a little less so.

2 Comments:
Those darn mice!
Oh my goodness. We are catching up on blogs again today (Sunday) and are sitting here laughing our heads off. The others in the internet cafe think we may be a bit nuts. Please warn us in the future, eh? Actually - keep it up. You may have a future as an author, although maybe more adult literature than children's, since most mothers wouldn't let their children check out the book.
Post a Comment
<< Home