Hail
Last week we got a hail storm at our house. We were down in the basement when it started and it was so noisy. I went upstairs a couple times to check out the windows. I was a little worried since the last time we got hail it was also accompanied by tornadoes in the area. Our satellite signal wasn't working due to the storm I'm guessing, so I couldn't check the news and the internet isn't always updated enough to be reliable. I was worried about Steve because I tried calling him and was unable to reach him, so I was afraid he was riding his bike home through the storm. Luckily, I eventually reached him after the storm and he was still safely at work. The hail wasn't very big at our house - about blueberry size. But there was a lot of it. I took this picture from the back door although there were larger piles of it farther away that I didn't venture out to photograph.

The best part was that once the storm had passed, I went out and scooped up some big containers of hail for Anya to play with in the kitchen sink. She thought it was so cool! And it really was pretty neat to see. She played with it for a long time and it was hard to drag her away from her project to go pick up Steve from work. Fortunately, when we arrived back at home, there was still some hail left that hadn't melted, so I let her continue playing with it while the rest of us ate dinner. I mean, how many times do you get this experience? Not many, fortunately.

The best part was that once the storm had passed, I went out and scooped up some big containers of hail for Anya to play with in the kitchen sink. She thought it was so cool! And it really was pretty neat to see. She played with it for a long time and it was hard to drag her away from her project to go pick up Steve from work. Fortunately, when we arrived back at home, there was still some hail left that hadn't melted, so I let her continue playing with it while the rest of us ate dinner. I mean, how many times do you get this experience? Not many, fortunately.

2 Comments:
Can't believe all the hail. That was a great idea to bring some in to play with. You are a good mom!
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Post a Comment
<< Home