Bloomington with "The Patch"
The middle of our trip to Illinois was spent in Bloomington at Melissa & Ryan's house visiting with my high school friends (a.k.a. The Patch). Their house was well-equipped to handle our group of ten adults and two one year olds. As I mentioned earlier, Anya spent the weekend with my parents in Champaign. We had planned on her only spending some of the time with them, but in the end we realized that she wouldn't have really had much fun with all the grown-ups, so my parents just brought her up for an afternoon so that everyone could see her and she could see "her friends."
Here's a shot of our gracious hosts. Melissa and Ryan are about to add three little babies to our group. We are so excited for them all!

Here's one of the existing little patchlings. So cute!

And here he is being chased by "Aunt Crystal."

One of our major activities of the weekend was playing Rock Band. As mentioned in previous posts, we own the game in Colorado, but for this event we borrowed the game and a Wii from Hilary and Jason. I knew that it would be fun to play this game with the Patch, but I had NO idea how obsessed almost everyone would become with the game. Seriously, they were addicted. :-)
Here's some shots of our rock stars. There are more pictures of this activity, but these are the best I have on my camera.


Tanino kept refusing to play drums, but he eventually caved and gave it a try.

Our most amazing meal was General Ryan's Tofu (and chicken) with roasted veggies on the side. It was so tasty! Here we are helping out with some of the prep work.

And here's a final group couch picture (without kids and without Kim and Aaron who weren't with us this time).

Thanks for a fun weekend, everyone! I miss you guys!
Here's a shot of our gracious hosts. Melissa and Ryan are about to add three little babies to our group. We are so excited for them all!
Here's one of the existing little patchlings. So cute!
And here he is being chased by "Aunt Crystal."
One of our major activities of the weekend was playing Rock Band. As mentioned in previous posts, we own the game in Colorado, but for this event we borrowed the game and a Wii from Hilary and Jason. I knew that it would be fun to play this game with the Patch, but I had NO idea how obsessed almost everyone would become with the game. Seriously, they were addicted. :-)
Here's some shots of our rock stars. There are more pictures of this activity, but these are the best I have on my camera.
Tanino kept refusing to play drums, but he eventually caved and gave it a try.
Our most amazing meal was General Ryan's Tofu (and chicken) with roasted veggies on the side. It was so tasty! Here we are helping out with some of the prep work.
And here's a final group couch picture (without kids and without Kim and Aaron who weren't with us this time).
Thanks for a fun weekend, everyone! I miss you guys!

4 Comments:
That WAS great fun! We miss you too!
Steve wants to know where the rest of the pictures from our last photo shoot are. :) But yes, it was a fun time!!
*tear* what a great post. I miss everyone already!
I heart the patch.
So, (as Steph already asked) when do we all get access to all these great pictures???
I heart the patch too! Thanks for including shots of everyone!
Post a Comment
<< Home