Children's Museum - Chicago
I love children's museums. I loved them as a kid and I love taking my own kids to them now. Our first day in Chicago was gloomy weather-wise, so we headed indoors to the Children's Museum at Navy Pier. It was awesome! There are a lot of photos, so I didn't include much writing. The pictures say it best.
Evan looking longingly at Anya's pretend ice cream cone.

Evan playing giant checkers. This was before he started throwing them and we had to move on to something else.

Anya making huge stir-fry.

Anya paying for the pizza she made.

Anya serving Hilary the pizza she made for her.

Dylan rocking on the guitar!

Noah singing "Jesus Loves Me."

In another area, Evan and Anya took a canoe ride. Anya's face is her trying to smile. "I am smiling, mommy!"

This was one of Anya's favorite activities - pretend fishing. Anya and Dylan both caught a fish at the same time. I love the looks on their faces. And I love Noah in the background. He always wanted to be doing what the big girls were doing.

Evan driving. He was so proud of himself.

Anya in the backseat on top of a trunk. Again, she's trying to smile.

Noah wants a turn, too!

Dylan thinks that seat looks like fun, too!

In another completely awesome little area for littler kids, they could fill up pots with dirt and then stick in silk flowers. Once they were done planting, they could put their creations in a pretend store-front window. It was so adorable.

Dylan planting.

Dylan washing the car windows. I didn't get a picture of when she climbed all the way up on top of the car.

Since Evan was barely walking at the time, he could take advantage of all the little areas for "pre-walkers." He loved this little tunnel. It had colored panels on the wall with baby height light switches to turn them on and off. Really cool design.

Anya must have filled up this mailbox with mail (blocks) forever! She was in her own little world.

Noah is hard at work.

Evan loved this tunnel.

Noah did too.

Noah taking a break in the tunnel.
Evan looking longingly at Anya's pretend ice cream cone.
Evan playing giant checkers. This was before he started throwing them and we had to move on to something else.
Anya making huge stir-fry.
Anya paying for the pizza she made.
Anya serving Hilary the pizza she made for her.
Dylan rocking on the guitar!
Noah singing "Jesus Loves Me."
In another area, Evan and Anya took a canoe ride. Anya's face is her trying to smile. "I am smiling, mommy!"
This was one of Anya's favorite activities - pretend fishing. Anya and Dylan both caught a fish at the same time. I love the looks on their faces. And I love Noah in the background. He always wanted to be doing what the big girls were doing.
Evan driving. He was so proud of himself.
Anya in the backseat on top of a trunk. Again, she's trying to smile.
Noah wants a turn, too!
Dylan thinks that seat looks like fun, too!
In another completely awesome little area for littler kids, they could fill up pots with dirt and then stick in silk flowers. Once they were done planting, they could put their creations in a pretend store-front window. It was so adorable.
Dylan planting.
Dylan washing the car windows. I didn't get a picture of when she climbed all the way up on top of the car.
Since Evan was barely walking at the time, he could take advantage of all the little areas for "pre-walkers." He loved this little tunnel. It had colored panels on the wall with baby height light switches to turn them on and off. Really cool design.
Anya must have filled up this mailbox with mail (blocks) forever! She was in her own little world.
Noah is hard at work.
Evan loved this tunnel.
Noah did too.
Noah taking a break in the tunnel.

2 Comments:
The photo of Anya on the trunk is PRICELESS! It's so fabulous that the 4 play so well together.
oh wow, you are making me so sad for you!!!
this is a great post (of course, my kids are well represented here, so why wouldn't i love it???). But i agree with katie - anya's picture on the trunk wins - I remember when you took that picture and thought it would be a great one.
WE MISS YOU!
Post a Comment
<< Home