Breeze Cabin
On the last night in Illinois we took a trip to my parents' cabin about 50 minutes away from their house in Champaign. Evan had never been there and the last time Anya was there was when she was three months old, so she doesn't remember ever being there.
Here's a couple of my favorite pictures from her first visit in 2005.


When I went to the upstairs bathroom and saw this tiny sink, I thought back to this previous photo and it made me sad to think of how tiny Anya was and how grown up she is now. I don't wish she was three months old again, but it did make me nostalgic.
Anya and Evan enjoyed the tour of the cabin. Here they are looking out the upstairs bedroom windows. Click on the photo to see Anya's expression in more detail. She was happily looking out the window until I got the camera.



Brother and sister from the inside...

Playing a game of Hi-Ho-Cherry-O.

We went for a walk in the woods. Anya enjoyed it for a while, but there was a lot of poison ivy and I stupidly didn't put on long pants on her, so we ended up carrying her through some bad spots, but I think it kind of made her uneasy.



Anya thought the little stump was cool. "Did a tree used to be on top of this?" But she wasn't so excited about the bigger one, even though Grandpa said he wouldn't let her fall.

Tragedy struck near the end of our walk. Grandpa was carrying Anya and a HUGE spider landed on her arm. He quickly brushed it away, but she was really frightened. After we got out to the gravel lane, we made her walk because they were tired of carrying her and I was already carrying Evan. But here she is pouting as she's walking.

Anya making Evan laugh by putting his toes on her mouth.

More sibling love and laughs.
Here's a couple of my favorite pictures from her first visit in 2005.
When I went to the upstairs bathroom and saw this tiny sink, I thought back to this previous photo and it made me sad to think of how tiny Anya was and how grown up she is now. I don't wish she was three months old again, but it did make me nostalgic.
Anya and Evan enjoyed the tour of the cabin. Here they are looking out the upstairs bedroom windows. Click on the photo to see Anya's expression in more detail. She was happily looking out the window until I got the camera.
Brother and sister from the inside...
Playing a game of Hi-Ho-Cherry-O.
We went for a walk in the woods. Anya enjoyed it for a while, but there was a lot of poison ivy and I stupidly didn't put on long pants on her, so we ended up carrying her through some bad spots, but I think it kind of made her uneasy.
Anya thought the little stump was cool. "Did a tree used to be on top of this?" But she wasn't so excited about the bigger one, even though Grandpa said he wouldn't let her fall.
Tragedy struck near the end of our walk. Grandpa was carrying Anya and a HUGE spider landed on her arm. He quickly brushed it away, but she was really frightened. After we got out to the gravel lane, we made her walk because they were tired of carrying her and I was already carrying Evan. But here she is pouting as she's walking.
Anya making Evan laugh by putting his toes on her mouth.
More sibling love and laughs.

2 Comments:
That picture of Anya in the sink is sooooooo adorable. You should submit that to a photo competition.
Love, Crystal
Love the pictures of your trip here - you really have some good ones! Makes me wish you were still here!
Post a Comment
<< Home