Unavoidable update
So, yesterday early evening I got a call from our hair salon. The woman calling said, "Hi, I'm Stephanie calling from Trios Salon. I wanted to talk to you about the misunderstanding today." Misunderstanding? I'm sure I didn't misunderstand anything, right? Well, she goes on to say that the woman who had checked us in is relatively new and was confused because she thought the appointment was for me and thought I was bringing two kids along for the ride. It wasn't until after we had left and Kara, our stylist, was asking where we were that they all figured out what had happened. Why it took them five hours to call me back, I don't know, but that's beside the point.
She offered to have us reschedule with a 20% discount. I obviously don't care about the money, but it was a nice gesture that shows they are trying to make up for their mistake. She was extremely apologetic and assured me three times that Evan was completely welcome for Anya's appointment because he would be with me at all times. They only time they would ask that I not bring him was if the appointment was for me since I wouldn't be able to attend to him. I would never do that anyhow. She even said she would put a note on our appointment that says we have been told it is okay to bring our son to our daughter's appointment.
So, I'm glad to know that I don't have to find another place for Anya and me to get our hair cut and I'm happy they called to make things right. But it will still feel a little funny going back since our rescheduled appointment is already tomorrow. I hope they don't make a big deal out of it when we go and that the woman who turned us away isn't working tomorrow. And I'll hope for the same luck with Evan sleeping peacefully through the whole appointment, but I'm not sure I can count on the same magic working two times in one week. I'm also a little unsure what Anya's reaction will be to going back after our emotional exit yesterday. We'll just have to wait and see.
She offered to have us reschedule with a 20% discount. I obviously don't care about the money, but it was a nice gesture that shows they are trying to make up for their mistake. She was extremely apologetic and assured me three times that Evan was completely welcome for Anya's appointment because he would be with me at all times. They only time they would ask that I not bring him was if the appointment was for me since I wouldn't be able to attend to him. I would never do that anyhow. She even said she would put a note on our appointment that says we have been told it is okay to bring our son to our daughter's appointment.
So, I'm glad to know that I don't have to find another place for Anya and me to get our hair cut and I'm happy they called to make things right. But it will still feel a little funny going back since our rescheduled appointment is already tomorrow. I hope they don't make a big deal out of it when we go and that the woman who turned us away isn't working tomorrow. And I'll hope for the same luck with Evan sleeping peacefully through the whole appointment, but I'm not sure I can count on the same magic working two times in one week. I'm also a little unsure what Anya's reaction will be to going back after our emotional exit yesterday. We'll just have to wait and see.

2 Comments:
I hope it goes well-good luck!
Man Lara, I would be soo mad if I were you! It really did sound as though the woman knew the appointment was for Anya, not you. I am glad they called to appologize. They probably realized you would be telling the local parenting community you knew about this and that it could be bad for business. Good luck with Anya's cut today. Let us know how it goes!
Post a Comment
<< Home