Evan is growing...and crying...
This afternoon I took Evan to get him weighed at the breastfeeding clinic. This is a free program through our hospital where you can take your baby if you are having problems with breastfeeding, but it is also just for curious (or obsessed) moms to take their babies to see how much they weigh. I am definitely not in the obsessed category, but I do love the data.
Evan is currently six weeks old and already weighs 10 lbs. 13 oz. He weighed 8 lbs. 3 oz. at birth, so this is a significant weight gain. I looked up Anya's baby book to see how she compared to him. She didn't weight 10 lbs. 13 oz. until she was three months old!!! And she was only 5 oz. lighter than him at birth, so this definitely confirms that Evan is a much different eater than his big sister. The funny thing is that I felt like I was feeding Anya all the time (yes, she has always been a snacker), but I don't feel that way with Evan.
I am so curious to see how he will continue to grow and how it will compare to Anya. I know I shouldn't already be comparing my children in everything they do, but how can you not? It's my only other data point, so I've got to use it! I also can't wait to see if his current eating translates into him being a much easier eater at every stage.
We figured that Evan would be everything that Anya wasn't. The positive of this is the eating. But the negative is the crying. Evan cries so much more than Anya. It's kind of driving us insane to be perfectly honest. And it is so hard to take him places because I fear that he will have a screaming fit. Anya was so easy to take anywhere. Luckily, everyone tells me that Evan still has his "cute, quiet, newborn cry," but it sure doesn't feel like that when you're the one holding him in the middle of a crowded restaurant. And what will we do with him when his cry grows up? We can't stay at home all the time.
Luckily, Anya doesn't seem too bothered by Evan's crying. She will occasionally say, "Evan's crying," with a sad expression on her face. But it's out of concern for him, not because she is personally upset about it. And yesterday Evan screamed for an entire 25 minute car ride and Anya was still able to fall asleep through the noise. I, however, did not fare so well and ended up crying myself.
Seriously, this is hard. But we'll get through it.
Evan is currently six weeks old and already weighs 10 lbs. 13 oz. He weighed 8 lbs. 3 oz. at birth, so this is a significant weight gain. I looked up Anya's baby book to see how she compared to him. She didn't weight 10 lbs. 13 oz. until she was three months old!!! And she was only 5 oz. lighter than him at birth, so this definitely confirms that Evan is a much different eater than his big sister. The funny thing is that I felt like I was feeding Anya all the time (yes, she has always been a snacker), but I don't feel that way with Evan.
I am so curious to see how he will continue to grow and how it will compare to Anya. I know I shouldn't already be comparing my children in everything they do, but how can you not? It's my only other data point, so I've got to use it! I also can't wait to see if his current eating translates into him being a much easier eater at every stage.
We figured that Evan would be everything that Anya wasn't. The positive of this is the eating. But the negative is the crying. Evan cries so much more than Anya. It's kind of driving us insane to be perfectly honest. And it is so hard to take him places because I fear that he will have a screaming fit. Anya was so easy to take anywhere. Luckily, everyone tells me that Evan still has his "cute, quiet, newborn cry," but it sure doesn't feel like that when you're the one holding him in the middle of a crowded restaurant. And what will we do with him when his cry grows up? We can't stay at home all the time.
Luckily, Anya doesn't seem too bothered by Evan's crying. She will occasionally say, "Evan's crying," with a sad expression on her face. But it's out of concern for him, not because she is personally upset about it. And yesterday Evan screamed for an entire 25 minute car ride and Anya was still able to fall asleep through the noise. I, however, did not fare so well and ended up crying myself.
Seriously, this is hard. But we'll get through it.

3 Comments:
oh lara, i'm so sorry!!! i just want to be there with you to at least have our crazy hectic lives to share together. noah may not be a crier, so i don't understand that part, but i do understand the CRAZINESS of 2 kids, and not knowing what to do with yourself a lot of the time. hang in there. even just the last 2 or 3 days i've thought...he's different, so much older and easier! that's not too far off...
You don't know how much I wish I could just whisk away the little guy to give the other three of you a break! I'm sorry the ride home from Loveland was so stressful - as well as the other times, too. Since I talked to you during that particular ride, I can attest to the fact that boy has one loud (very loud) cry!
Hang in there Lara!
Post a Comment
<< Home