Mother's intuition
I was right...Anya was getting sick. So let's hope some of her frustrating behavior this past week has been partially because of that and not just due to her current developmental stage compounded by Evan's invasion.
She has basically been lying on the couch all weekend looking very sad. Mostly she just has a fever, but occasionally complains about her nose and eyes hurting.
Luckily it didn't hit until the weekend so I wasn't on my own. I hope she is better by tomorrow when Steve goes back to work. Last night he asked me how I was doing and I said, "Feeling a little too needed."
Being a parent is hard. You can't escape it. You can't just roll over and go back to bed when your child is crying out in her sleep. And you can't just go back to sleep once you get her settled down an hour later because your other child is now up crying and wanting to be fed. Fun.
Just now as I'm writing this, Anya is finally sitting up on the couch. She is eating Cheerios and doing a Sesame Street game with Steve on his laptop. And I see some smiles and heard a laugh, so maybe there is hope.
She has basically been lying on the couch all weekend looking very sad. Mostly she just has a fever, but occasionally complains about her nose and eyes hurting.
Luckily it didn't hit until the weekend so I wasn't on my own. I hope she is better by tomorrow when Steve goes back to work. Last night he asked me how I was doing and I said, "Feeling a little too needed."
Being a parent is hard. You can't escape it. You can't just roll over and go back to bed when your child is crying out in her sleep. And you can't just go back to sleep once you get her settled down an hour later because your other child is now up crying and wanting to be fed. Fun.
Just now as I'm writing this, Anya is finally sitting up on the couch. She is eating Cheerios and doing a Sesame Street game with Steve on his laptop. And I see some smiles and heard a laugh, so maybe there is hope.

2 Comments:
I can only imagine what you're going through. Anya is lucky to have you two though. Did you know some of my classmates have kids her age?! I have no idea how they manage.
Hoping things get better.
I think one of the hardest thing about being a parentis "feeling a little too needed" from time to time. As you knwo that will get better, but in the meantime - in the present time - that isn't much consolation.
Post a Comment
<< Home