Pregnancy update - 34 weeks
I probably should have titled this post Pregnancy update - 34 weeks AND Basement update - 79 weeks, but those 79 weeks just kind of sound depressing.
First off, here's a picture to show you how I've grown.

I had another appointment this past Wednesday where everything is still looking good. Still no signs of sugar in my urine after that one time, my blood pressure was fine, weight gain at 19 pounds, measuring at 34 cm, baby is still head down, and the baby's heartrate was 156 bpm. Anya went to this appointment with me as she has done for most of them. She sits quietly in the chair and eats her snack and drinks her ice water and just stares at the midwives and the nurses when they try to engage her in conversation. Although this last time she did crack a smile for Pat, the midwife that delivered her, so maybe they have a special connection.
If you've heard my voice over the last three weeks, you would know that I have been trying to get over some cold/sinus issues. Having a cold isn't fun any time, but I've never had sinus pressure/pain like this before. I even ended up going in to the doctor early last week to see if there was anything I could do. He gave me some over the counter suggestions and a prescription for an antibiotic that I could fill if things didn't improve. Things still haven't totally cleared up, but the sinus pain is almost all gone, so I never got the antibiotic. I have been mad at this illness because it has really slowed me down. I know that I'm also six weeks away from my due date, but it feels like I should have more energy than this.
All that being said, I have still been dragging my pregnant self to the basement and working away trying to finish things up. And yesterday we finished the painting! We still have trim to paint (before Steve installs it) and also will have some touch-up to do later on, but we're done with all the walls and ceilings. Here are a couple of pictures from yesterday. I am SO tired of my painting clothes. They look comfy, but they make me feel enormous.

Anya tries pretend painting on the already painted bedroom walls.


This next shot shows you how we've survived doing all this work with Anya at our feet. (And no, she's not climbing the ladder, just leaning on it.) You might not be able to make out the details, but she's got legos, push car, her basement baby with stroller and blankets, various buckets, rocks, snacks, and lots of other miscellaneous crap deemed safe enough for her to play with.

We think we are pretty awesome parents for letting her have this experience. :-) But really, she is a pretty awesome kid for letting us get so much work done. I can't quite believe that we have accomplished all of this with Steve working full-time (especially as busy as he is at work now), with me being pregnant, and with a two year old.
Stay tuned for more excitement as we are getting carpet on Tuesday and then the next Tuesday, Steve's mom is coming out to help us for a week and we'll be sure to get lots of rearranging and other jobs done around the house.
First off, here's a picture to show you how I've grown.
I had another appointment this past Wednesday where everything is still looking good. Still no signs of sugar in my urine after that one time, my blood pressure was fine, weight gain at 19 pounds, measuring at 34 cm, baby is still head down, and the baby's heartrate was 156 bpm. Anya went to this appointment with me as she has done for most of them. She sits quietly in the chair and eats her snack and drinks her ice water and just stares at the midwives and the nurses when they try to engage her in conversation. Although this last time she did crack a smile for Pat, the midwife that delivered her, so maybe they have a special connection.
If you've heard my voice over the last three weeks, you would know that I have been trying to get over some cold/sinus issues. Having a cold isn't fun any time, but I've never had sinus pressure/pain like this before. I even ended up going in to the doctor early last week to see if there was anything I could do. He gave me some over the counter suggestions and a prescription for an antibiotic that I could fill if things didn't improve. Things still haven't totally cleared up, but the sinus pain is almost all gone, so I never got the antibiotic. I have been mad at this illness because it has really slowed me down. I know that I'm also six weeks away from my due date, but it feels like I should have more energy than this.
All that being said, I have still been dragging my pregnant self to the basement and working away trying to finish things up. And yesterday we finished the painting! We still have trim to paint (before Steve installs it) and also will have some touch-up to do later on, but we're done with all the walls and ceilings. Here are a couple of pictures from yesterday. I am SO tired of my painting clothes. They look comfy, but they make me feel enormous.
Anya tries pretend painting on the already painted bedroom walls.
This next shot shows you how we've survived doing all this work with Anya at our feet. (And no, she's not climbing the ladder, just leaning on it.) You might not be able to make out the details, but she's got legos, push car, her basement baby with stroller and blankets, various buckets, rocks, snacks, and lots of other miscellaneous crap deemed safe enough for her to play with.
We think we are pretty awesome parents for letting her have this experience. :-) But really, she is a pretty awesome kid for letting us get so much work done. I can't quite believe that we have accomplished all of this with Steve working full-time (especially as busy as he is at work now), with me being pregnant, and with a two year old.
Stay tuned for more excitement as we are getting carpet on Tuesday and then the next Tuesday, Steve's mom is coming out to help us for a week and we'll be sure to get lots of rearranging and other jobs done around the house.

2 Comments:
looks awesome! you guys are so impressive, seriously, we aren't that motivated... ever...i wish we were.
You look great! I can't believe you've only gained that much weight though - you'll be glad, I'm sure it will be much easier to take off. I've gained 6 pounds in the last two weeks, alone!!
The painting clothes do look comfy - but I understand getting tired of wearing the same thing every day! I was wearing the same play clothes every day, since I only bought new stuff for work - but my sister-in-law sent me two boxes full of maternity clothes that were handed down to her and she didn't want. So now I have a bit more to choose from! :)
Post a Comment
<< Home