Tuesday, February 06, 2007

I'm so excited!

I just had to excitedly share that as of this morning, our drywall is officially finished! They were here to texture yesterday morning and just came back this morning for literally two minutes to finish something up and now it's done! Last night Steve and I went down there after Anya was asleep and did some extra cleaning so that it is safe for her to be down there with us now.

The drywall being completed opens up so many possibilities of things we can do next. One of our top priorities is to try priming and painting the closets ourselves and then see how we feel about doing the whole paint job ourselves or if we are going to hire it out. I got discouraged about the whole painting process this past weekend when I tried painting two of our doors and was not happy with the results I was getting. So, we're still keeping all our options open, both for who is doing it and what tools we are using.

But the best part right now is that we are super motivated to go work down there. We just have to figure out what order to do everything.

We can't wait to show you the finished project! And that day seems to actually be possible right now, which feels wonderful!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations!

Projects are so fun... But, I think painting is not so much fun. Good luck with the closets!

5:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah! Let me know if you need me to come over and watch Anya while you work or if she needs to come over and play with Ruffyles :) Can't wait to see the finished basement!

1:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home