Monday, January 22, 2007

Pregnancy update - 27 weeks


Here is a picture of my six month pregnancy profile. It isn't the best picture, but it's what we've got. I haven’t been as good about taking the monthly pictures this time. The last one I posted was at 18 weeks (link) and I am now 27 weeks! Things seem to be going well and we will soon start going to the midwives every two weeks instead of every four. Last week I had my glucose test (something normal they do at this stage) and I haven’t heard anything yet, so I’m hoping that I passed it. I am feeling pretty good right now, but just get tired pretty easily.

I have been doing some baby clothes shopping lately and I think our baby boy now has more than one wardrobe waiting for him. I got some amazing deals and it got me excited. You have to really work to stay away from the sports themed clothing, but I have been pretty successful so far. I am getting antsy to set up the baby's room, but first we have to finish the basement some more so that we can move the guest room down there. That won't be for a while yet. But we did actually look at carpet and paint colors this weekend, so we are at least getting ready for the more "finished" stages. We were supposed to have our drywall taped/mudded and textured two weeks ago, but the guy we thought we were using turned out to be a bit of a flake, so we are probably going to have to find somebody else this week. We gave him one final chance to call back today. Once that gets done, we will be able to do some more work, but right now we are unfortunately stuck waiting on most things for a little while. We also thought we were going to hire somebody to paint, but the painter is the same flaky guy with the drywall, so we think we might be back to doing it ourselves again. But we don't mind painting and it is nice to have something that I can actually help on and something I could do simultaneously while Steve is working on something else.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looking good!

4:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You look fantastic! I can't wait to see your finished basement! Maybe you and I can play a super-slow speed ping pong game when we visit in April!

4:56 PM  
Blogger Hilary said...

you do look so cute. :)

8:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update - and yes, you do look bigger than just three weeks ago.

1:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope I look as good as you do when I'm pregnant!

10:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And so it begings with the second child having few pictures - no I am not bitter about my sister's 500 million pictures and my 3.
hheheh :-)
Lara, you look great. Pregnancy becomes you. I cant wait to see you in person. Dont worry about your basement. I will read a book on drywall and do it while visiting. It will look so... artistic afterwards!! >:-)

8:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home