Anya's first snowy adventure
This week we got hit with about seven inches of snow. I decided that maybe it was time to get Anya ready for winter. So, after a few shopping trips and a lot of indecision (mine) and a little bit of crying (hers), we managed to find a coat, hat, mittens, and boots. Whew! I finally feel like we are prepared. To test out all her gear, I took her out in the snow for the first time yesterday.
Here is Anya all ready to go outside. (Note that later she is wearing an orange hat. She decided at the last minute that she would rather have that one instead.)

Here is Anya saying, "Mama! I thought you said we were going to play, not have a photo shoot!"

At first, Anya wasn't too impressed with the snow. We started out on the porch and she did not like standing or walking in the snow at all. She just wanted to be picked up. She also did not like it when the snow was getting on her boots and mittens. No big surprise there! Then I decided that we should try going out into the yard. Of course, this didn't make her any happier. Here is a shot of Anya feeling abandoned. After taking a moment to capture this with the camera, I went out with her and sat in the snow so that she could sit on my lap. She got more used to the snow and started scooping and dumping it. She also liked to throw snow balls.

We eventually went back to the porch because I thought she might like it better there and I was getting cold sitting in the snow. By this time, she was having a lot of fun. She loved the snow on the chairs and liked to scoop or push it around. She was now okay with being all snowy and wasn't afraid to tromp through the snow.


Eventually, she decided it was time to get more into the snow and started putting snow on her head! She also showered me with snow. (Don't worry Steve, I protected the camera.)

Near the end, I tried to see if she would sit on this yoga mat and play in the snow around her, but she didn't really like that either. She just wanted to stand up. Unfortunately, as she was trying to move, she tipped forward on her face (on the mat, luckily). So, that ended our snowy adventure. And then I opened the back door into her face as I was trying to take off all our snowy gear without getting it all over the house. Hopefully, she remembers the good times.
Here is Anya all ready to go outside. (Note that later she is wearing an orange hat. She decided at the last minute that she would rather have that one instead.)

Here is Anya saying, "Mama! I thought you said we were going to play, not have a photo shoot!"

At first, Anya wasn't too impressed with the snow. We started out on the porch and she did not like standing or walking in the snow at all. She just wanted to be picked up. She also did not like it when the snow was getting on her boots and mittens. No big surprise there! Then I decided that we should try going out into the yard. Of course, this didn't make her any happier. Here is a shot of Anya feeling abandoned. After taking a moment to capture this with the camera, I went out with her and sat in the snow so that she could sit on my lap. She got more used to the snow and started scooping and dumping it. She also liked to throw snow balls.

We eventually went back to the porch because I thought she might like it better there and I was getting cold sitting in the snow. By this time, she was having a lot of fun. She loved the snow on the chairs and liked to scoop or push it around. She was now okay with being all snowy and wasn't afraid to tromp through the snow.

Eventually, she decided it was time to get more into the snow and started putting snow on her head! She also showered me with snow. (Don't worry Steve, I protected the camera.)
Near the end, I tried to see if she would sit on this yoga mat and play in the snow around her, but she didn't really like that either. She just wanted to stand up. Unfortunately, as she was trying to move, she tipped forward on her face (on the mat, luckily). So, that ended our snowy adventure. And then I opened the back door into her face as I was trying to take off all our snowy gear without getting it all over the house. Hopefully, she remembers the good times.

1 Comments:
She looks so grown up! Wish I could have been there to play, too.
Post a Comment
<< Home