Monday, November 20, 2006

Weekend


There are seven blogs of family and friends that I check obsessively to see if they have posted anything new. And I am sad that there has not been much posting lately, so I'm doing two posts on one day in the hopes that everyone else will also post something. I can't promise much of interest, but I'm adding some pictures to make it more enjoyable.



The above two pictures were taken this weekend. I wanted a picture of me with Anya, in addition to the solo pregnancy profile, so that we can see how we grow together over the next few months. And the second picture is of Anya helping Steve make bread. The bread turned out to be amazing and Steve is planning on making it a regular activity. Yum.

We had a pretty good first half of the weekend. Friday evening we went over to Jason & Michelle's for a yummy dinner. On Saturday we did lots around the house, including moving some furniture. To make room for construction in the basement, we moved up the twin mattress into Anya's room. To make room for that, we moved out the couch into our bedroom and the changing table into the guest room. To make room for the couch in our bedroom, we moved out the blanket chest into the guest room. And to make room for all those more major changes, we had to move a lot of little stuff around, too. Anya thought the whole process was pretty entertaining. She is still sleeping in her crib, but the twin mattress on the floor provides a good family hang-out in her room until we are ready to transition her to sleeping in it.

During the night on Saturday, I awoke to hear Anya throwing up in her bed. Obviously, this is where the good first half of the weekend ends and the second half begins. She didn't appear to be terribly sick, but had perhaps just gotten some mucus caught in her system and it caused her to throw up. (I forgot to mention that Saturday she had started having a runny nose.) It was about 4:30 am when this happened. I threw everything from her bed into the washing machine and we tried to settle Anya down in our bed. She threw up at least three more times over the next couple hours and then eventually settled down to sleep until probably 8:15. She woke us up being very cheery and charming in our bed.

Anya did throw up two more times after waking up, but by 9:30 am she had thrown up for the last time (cross your fingers), although we didn't know it at the time. She was in a fairly good mood the whole day and took a good nap in the afternoon. But we were on pins and needles all day just waiting for something else to happen. By the end of the day, she had kept down some crackers, part of a plain waffle, and some sherbet. It was a relief when the day was over and she was asleep for what we hoped would be a peaceful night. Thankfully, it was completely uneventful, except for the fact that she slept for 12 wonderful hours.

She seems to be fine today, although I am still not quite sure what to offer her to eat and drink. I just don't want to push it too much, but it has been very hard to tell a child they they can't have any food or drink.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting-I'll try and come up with something to post on ours :) Hope Anya is feeling back to her normal self soon.

2:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home