No harm done
Anya is in need of a hair style. Not just a cut...a style. She needs help, or rather, I need help figuring out what to do with her hair. So, today I decided to drive down to check out this new kids hair salon in Loveland. It's only 20 minutes away, but she fell asleep in the car, so I decided that waking her up to do something that was probably going to upset her anyhow wasn't a good idea. I didn't have an appointment either, so I decided that I would just go home and call them later. However, the store just recently opened, so I wasn't sure that I was going to be able to get the phone number online or by calling 411 or anything like that. I could see that the phone number was printed on the door, but I couldn't read it from the car, so when the parking spot closest to the store opened up, I decided to just pull in there and walk up to read the sign. Of course, I left Anya sleeping in the car because that would have been really ridiculous to drag her out just to go read a number. Well, wouldn't you know, a car pulled in right next to mine and these two woman got out and noticed Anya sleeping in the car. I was close enough that I could hear them talking and they were so appalled that someone had left their child in the car. They even looked around (not seeing me standing at the store) as if they were trying to decide what they should do. You just can't leave a child in a car! That's not okay! I was already walking back to the car when they noticed her and as I came up to my car I said, "I was just walking up to the door to read the phone number." They both gave me these half dirty - half incredulous looks, said nothing and kept walking. I thought it was kind of funny because I obviously wasn't putting Anya in much danger by leaving her in a locked car while I walked a few steps away and she was in my sight the whole time. In fact, it would probably have statistically been more unsafe to take her out of the car and carry her in the parking lot up to the door. I mean, I could have dropped her. Someone could have run us over. We could have been smacked in the head by a door. But I didn't have time to explain this to those two women. At least they'll have a good story to tell their friends. In their defense, I do think it is irresponsible to leave your child in the car while you go shopping and I too would have been appalled had I witnessed this under different circumstances. But this just made me laugh.

1 Comments:
Good thing they didn't call the police! I agree I think the mortality statistics were on your side. I'm sure they felt goofy when they saw you were right there, after saying all of these loud comments! I'll be awaiting a picture of this new style!
Post a Comment
<< Home