Pregnancy update - 38 weeks
We took this picture on Friday, April 6th, not knowing that it would be the last pregnancy profile before Evan's birth on Monday. However, I didn't post this before, so I'm going to do it now, even though it's old news.

On Wednesday, I went to the midwife for my weekly visit. I have finally gained some weight - almost three pounds! It has definitely helped that we currently have my high school friends staying at our house and we've been eating a lot, especially since they have made cookies five different times.
Everything checked out normal at my appointment. The midwife said the baby is still head down, but seems to have descended a little, which is obviously where we want him to go. They don't do regular exams to check for dilation, so we don't know anything internally yet. My midwife said she would expect me to have a much easier labor than with Anya, but that I probably should expect to go right around my due date again with this pregnancy.
I am still feeling really great right now and can't believe how far along I am. This week having visitors has been good because it has kept me busy focusing on preparing for their arrival instead of getting too anxious about the baby's birth. I'm sure that once they all leave it will start to sink in that I will be having a baby in a few weeks. I hope that I don't get too anxious waiting for something to happen. We have been talking a lot about childbirth while my friends are here because one of them is also pregnant and due seven weeks after me. My friends have all enjoyed seeing me pregnant and on Friday night the baby gave them all a great show. We were sitting around our family room and the baby just started moving so much that they could all see my belly moving from where they were sitting. They were just in awe of how it looked from the outside and couldn't stop staring at me, waiting for the baby to move again.
I am starting to feel the desire to not be pregnant anymore. I'm not really ready to have a baby yet, but I am tired of feeling tired all the time. It is frustrating to have people visiting and feel like I can't do all the things I would like to do with them. They have all been great taking care of things around the house, but I just want to be able to go, go go, and I just can't, can't, can't.
I still haven't had any contractions lately, so I don't feel like I'm ready to have this baby any time soon. However, my body does feel like it's gearing up for birth because for at least a week it has felt like my pelvis is opening up. I guess those bones have done this before and are making their preparations. I know that what I need to do isI need to pack my bags and start to seriously figure out what we're going to do with Anya when we need to go to the hospital. We have a few people that have offered to watch her, but we need to talk to all of them again now that we're closer to my due date and figure out who we're going to call under what circumstances.
On Wednesday, I went to the midwife for my weekly visit. I have finally gained some weight - almost three pounds! It has definitely helped that we currently have my high school friends staying at our house and we've been eating a lot, especially since they have made cookies five different times.
Everything checked out normal at my appointment. The midwife said the baby is still head down, but seems to have descended a little, which is obviously where we want him to go. They don't do regular exams to check for dilation, so we don't know anything internally yet. My midwife said she would expect me to have a much easier labor than with Anya, but that I probably should expect to go right around my due date again with this pregnancy.
I am still feeling really great right now and can't believe how far along I am. This week having visitors has been good because it has kept me busy focusing on preparing for their arrival instead of getting too anxious about the baby's birth. I'm sure that once they all leave it will start to sink in that I will be having a baby in a few weeks. I hope that I don't get too anxious waiting for something to happen. We have been talking a lot about childbirth while my friends are here because one of them is also pregnant and due seven weeks after me. My friends have all enjoyed seeing me pregnant and on Friday night the baby gave them all a great show. We were sitting around our family room and the baby just started moving so much that they could all see my belly moving from where they were sitting. They were just in awe of how it looked from the outside and couldn't stop staring at me, waiting for the baby to move again.
I am starting to feel the desire to not be pregnant anymore. I'm not really ready to have a baby yet, but I am tired of feeling tired all the time. It is frustrating to have people visiting and feel like I can't do all the things I would like to do with them. They have all been great taking care of things around the house, but I just want to be able to go, go go, and I just can't, can't, can't.
I still haven't had any contractions lately, so I don't feel like I'm ready to have this baby any time soon. However, my body does feel like it's gearing up for birth because for at least a week it has felt like my pelvis is opening up. I guess those bones have done this before and are making their preparations. I know that what I need to do isI need to pack my bags and start to seriously figure out what we're going to do with Anya when we need to go to the hospital. We have a few people that have offered to watch her, but we need to talk to all of them again now that we're closer to my due date and figure out who we're going to call under what circumstances.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home