Carpet
Yes, we have our carpet. And we are happy with it! It really makes an enormous difference to the basement feeling like part of the house. Except it is still strange to suddenly have the expansion of usable space under our regular house. It doesn't quite feel like our house yet.
We were pleased that the carpet makes the toffee crunch paint in the family room downstairs look really nice. Our only reservation remains the yellow color in the guest room. We are holding out on any deciding until we live with it for a while and see furniture in there, but as of right now, we don't really like it all that much. But neither of us are really that interested in repainting in the near future, so we'll probably just leave it for a while, even if it never grows on us. We've still got plenty of other things to do.
Anya definitely loves the carpet. Whenever she looks down the stairs she points and says, "new carpet!" And when we first took her down there she thought it was really cool. She and Steve were both laying on the floor enjoying the change. And she loves that she can go up and down the stairs again now. Previously she was scared of the stairs after we ripped up the old carpet. And we didn't want her on them anyhow with the exposed carpet tack strips sticking up.
Steve is being very patient with me and my strong desires to get everything planned out, moved around and organized. I am definitely very antsy to get things done, but I'm trying to be patient, too. I am like this ordinarily anyhow, but I'm sure the pregnancy "nesting" instincts are kicking in some too. I am just so excited and anxious to see everything in its new place.
We were pleased that the carpet makes the toffee crunch paint in the family room downstairs look really nice. Our only reservation remains the yellow color in the guest room. We are holding out on any deciding until we live with it for a while and see furniture in there, but as of right now, we don't really like it all that much. But neither of us are really that interested in repainting in the near future, so we'll probably just leave it for a while, even if it never grows on us. We've still got plenty of other things to do.
Anya definitely loves the carpet. Whenever she looks down the stairs she points and says, "new carpet!" And when we first took her down there she thought it was really cool. She and Steve were both laying on the floor enjoying the change. And she loves that she can go up and down the stairs again now. Previously she was scared of the stairs after we ripped up the old carpet. And we didn't want her on them anyhow with the exposed carpet tack strips sticking up.
Steve is being very patient with me and my strong desires to get everything planned out, moved around and organized. I am definitely very antsy to get things done, but I'm trying to be patient, too. I am like this ordinarily anyhow, but I'm sure the pregnancy "nesting" instincts are kicking in some too. I am just so excited and anxious to see everything in its new place.

4 Comments:
Give us a call when you are ready to move furniture-I'll send Jason :) Can't wait to see the new carpet!
Give us a call when you are ready to move furniture-I'll send Mi... Ah Crap!
No calls necessary. I've sent the master...Mother Troyer. Have a great time together, and take LOTS of photos!
(please)
I can't wait to see all the improvements you have made! And if you still need help organizing moving things around, etc., you'll have a whole troop of assistants next weekend!
We're looking forward to seeing you soon!
Post a Comment
<< Home