Hopeless
First attempt (11:30 am) - Lately, we have all these moments where I think, "this would make a great blog entry." But that moment passes on into the next moment and before I know it, the day or the week has passed without any blogging. Like right now, I'm trying to blog, but I keep hearing, "Mommy, sit on the couch, right here. Mommy, play with you." So, I guess maybe I'll go take this chance to play Mr. Potato Head and catch up with my blogging later...or much later, depending on how the rest of the day goes.
Second attempt (2:15 pm) - Okay, so four hours, two feedings, and a trip to the fire station for a carseat inspection later, I'm back...oh wait...Evan is now waking up crying in his carseat, guess this post is going to have to wait again. See my problem?
Third attempt (8:10pm) - Evan is sleeping and Anya is reading and Steve is fertilizing the lawn, so here I go again...There are many reasons I like to blog. First, I have trouble finding time to journal, take pictures, put together photo albums, or fill out baby books, so this at least feels like an easier way to document our lives. (But obviously I am usually too overwhelmed with living my life to document it.) Second, I know there are people out there who like to know what is going on in our world, no matter how mundane the events are. Third, it allows me time to process and deal with what is going on in my life. And for all these reasons, I feel like something is missing when I don't blog. I feel like time is slipping away and I won't be able to remember all these moments if I don't write them down. I feel bad because I want you all to know what is happening with us. And perhaps most importantly, I don't feel like I get the time I need to step back from life and think about it.
So, why am I not taking this opportunity to actually write about something other than writing about the process of blogging? Because I'm processing my life, don't you see? And now I'm also holding a crying baby with a toddler pulling up a chair at my feet begging to "do Elmo" on the computer, so the documentation ends and the reality resumes.
...
I'm giving up! So, it's now two days later than when I started this post and obviously never really got anywhere. I'm just going to post it because it's too depressing to just look at it all the time and never get to write anything.
More later...hopefully.
Second attempt (2:15 pm) - Okay, so four hours, two feedings, and a trip to the fire station for a carseat inspection later, I'm back...oh wait...Evan is now waking up crying in his carseat, guess this post is going to have to wait again. See my problem?
Third attempt (8:10pm) - Evan is sleeping and Anya is reading and Steve is fertilizing the lawn, so here I go again...There are many reasons I like to blog. First, I have trouble finding time to journal, take pictures, put together photo albums, or fill out baby books, so this at least feels like an easier way to document our lives. (But obviously I am usually too overwhelmed with living my life to document it.) Second, I know there are people out there who like to know what is going on in our world, no matter how mundane the events are. Third, it allows me time to process and deal with what is going on in my life. And for all these reasons, I feel like something is missing when I don't blog. I feel like time is slipping away and I won't be able to remember all these moments if I don't write them down. I feel bad because I want you all to know what is happening with us. And perhaps most importantly, I don't feel like I get the time I need to step back from life and think about it.
So, why am I not taking this opportunity to actually write about something other than writing about the process of blogging? Because I'm processing my life, don't you see? And now I'm also holding a crying baby with a toddler pulling up a chair at my feet begging to "do Elmo" on the computer, so the documentation ends and the reality resumes.
...
I'm giving up! So, it's now two days later than when I started this post and obviously never really got anywhere. I'm just going to post it because it's too depressing to just look at it all the time and never get to write anything.
More later...hopefully.

2 Comments:
Gosh lara, it looks like you really have your hands full right now. I am looking foward to when you have more free time. I enjoy reading your posts. I am glad you are trying despite the difficulty.
:-)
Melissa
Ditto to what Melissa said. It's still interesting to read about your struggle to write a blog - but it does make me feel more connected with your life even to read just a few sentences - so keep up what you can!
Post a Comment
<< Home