Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Evan is two months old!

We've passed the two month mark and today was Evan's routine check-up. He weighed in at 12 pounds 1.5 ounces (55th percentile), was 23 1/4 inches long (55th percentile), and has a head circumference of 15.5 inches (30th percentile). Everything checked out normal. He got three shots in his legs which didn't make him too happy and he's been pretty upset this afternoon.

We are definitely noticing some changes in Evan's development. He looks around more and smiles a lot more often, even sometimes at people. He still has his crying fits, but I think overall they are getting a little better. He still likes to be held an awful lot and it can really wear on my body to carry him. Mostly it is my arms/wrists that feel the stress of holding him. We have a front carrier that he will occasionally go into, but I might look into getting another type of sling to have another option that will hopefully be easier to get him in and out of.

His sleeping at night has its ups and downs and we're working on getting him back to sleep without eating every time he wakes up during the night.

As I look back on the past two months, it is amazing to think of all the people we've had visiting us. In the past 65 days (2 months), we have had people here for 45 of those days. That is almost 70%! It has been wonderful to have all the help, especially with holding Evan and taking care of Anya's needs. But is will also be nice to establish some sort of normal routine with our newly expanded family.

Thanks to all who have been a help to us lately, whether it has been for a couple hours or for a couple weeks. The last two months would have been close to unbearable without you. You are welcome back any time!

2 Comments:

Blogger Melissa said...

I cant wait to meet Evan. Its cute that he is a snuggle baby. I cant believe how much bigger he is than Anya. No wonder your arms are tired. I will ask my sister the name of her sling.

2:07 PM  
Blogger Hilary said...

Wow, he's getting big! I can't wait to see him. I need a picture update! Thanks for putting UP with all of us visitors and allowing us into your home during such an intimate time in your lives. We will forever have memories...

8:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home