Secret #5
Originally written Sunday, October 1, 2006 -
There are a few of you out there who we still haven't made contact with to share our news, so the secret posts are still going on. It is taking us a while to tell everyone because I have been feeling so awful that I just don't have the energy to deal with it. So please don't take offense if you are late to find out. It is all I can do to stand up some days.
It doesn't help right now that I also have a cold on top of feeling nauseated all day long. Luckily, I can take some cold medicines or I would probably be feeling even more wiped out. I have been laying on the couch for the majority of the past three days. Friday was an extremely long day with Steve at work and I don't know what I would have done without him here these past two days. I am obviously not looking forward to him going back to work tomorrow. I'll have to start being a parent again and not being such a couch potato. I think Anya doesn't quite know what to do with me laying on the couch all day long. Several times she has crawled up there with me and wants to lay down and look at a book. This is not normal for her to do at all, so I guess she knows something isn't right.
This evening I just am tired of being on the couch watching HGTV, so I am sitting at the computer and doing this instead. It means I don't actually have to do anything and I'm still being as self-absorbed as I would be on the couch. Plus, Anya is having a blast playing on the other computer while Steve is cleaning off his desk. Everyone is happy enough. But my energy for sitting is wearing out and I think the couch is calling me back.
There are a few of you out there who we still haven't made contact with to share our news, so the secret posts are still going on. It is taking us a while to tell everyone because I have been feeling so awful that I just don't have the energy to deal with it. So please don't take offense if you are late to find out. It is all I can do to stand up some days.
It doesn't help right now that I also have a cold on top of feeling nauseated all day long. Luckily, I can take some cold medicines or I would probably be feeling even more wiped out. I have been laying on the couch for the majority of the past three days. Friday was an extremely long day with Steve at work and I don't know what I would have done without him here these past two days. I am obviously not looking forward to him going back to work tomorrow. I'll have to start being a parent again and not being such a couch potato. I think Anya doesn't quite know what to do with me laying on the couch all day long. Several times she has crawled up there with me and wants to lay down and look at a book. This is not normal for her to do at all, so I guess she knows something isn't right.
This evening I just am tired of being on the couch watching HGTV, so I am sitting at the computer and doing this instead. It means I don't actually have to do anything and I'm still being as self-absorbed as I would be on the couch. Plus, Anya is having a blast playing on the other computer while Steve is cleaning off his desk. Everyone is happy enough. But my energy for sitting is wearing out and I think the couch is calling me back.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home