Sunday, October 08, 2006

Secret #4

Originally written Saturday, September 2, 2006 -

I now remember what being pregnant is like. And I remember why I wasn't so excited about doing this again when I had a toddler to take care of. I feel awful. Not awful enough at this moment to be laying on the couch instead of sitting at the computer, but you can only lay on the couch for so long. I am going to try to be less of a mope today and do something.

Yesterday I just felt horrible from waking up to going to bed. It was fun! After breakfast, Steve was wonderful and took Anya to the grocery store to make some much needed purchases. I stayed on the couch and watch some home improvement shows on TLC. I haven't done that in a long time, so it felt a little soothing to not do anything else.

I know that part of what will make me feel better is that I need to keep eating. But part of what makes me feel worse is thinking about eating, so these two don't really mix. Like right now...I should be eating something because it's been about an hour since I last ate. But nothing sounds good, of course.

Late yesterday afternoon I had a burst of energy and needed to find a project to do. We decided to all go down to the basement and get some cleaning done. We thought before Steve's parents get here later this week, it would be nice to have it cleaned up so we could actually do some work down there. We all put on our dirty clothes and headed downstairs. At first, Steve and I were both working and Anya was walking around eating animal crackers. After a while, Steve was mainly hanging out with Anya and I was doing all the cleaning. This was fine because then I didn't have to participate in keeping an eye on her and I actually enjoyed it because I don't usually get to do stuff down there because I either don't know what I'm doing or because I am watching Anya. But cleaning is something I definitely know how to do. Steve and I got most of the sorting of tools and materials from trash done at first, but then I got to bag up all the trash, smashing drywall scraps into smaller pieces on the concrete floor, and then sweeping up all the floors which made for a very dusty environment. It looks so much better now and Steve said he actually feels motivated to work down there now because it is clean and organized!

After this burst of energy I was extremely exhausted and had to sit down for the rest of the evening.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home