Secret #1
Originally written on Saturday, August 19, 2006 -
We have a secret. We are having another baby. We just found out a week ago and we haven't told anyone yet, so it doesn't feel that real yet. I actually suspected I was pregnant two weeks ago when I had a crazy episode of being super dizzy and off balance. I think I have a little clutzy in my genes (sorry, mom!), but this was more than my normal self. I was at Target in Denver with Kim and I just could not push the cart straight, so Kim was pushing Anya. But then I apparently couldn't walk straight either because twice I ran into a shoe display sticking out from the shelves. And then I just felt so off balance that I knew something else might be going on. We didn't wait as long to take a pregnancy test this time but even so, by the time we took it, it wasn't really a surprise to either Steve or me.
So far I feel great. I have maybe felt slightly more tired and occasionally a little queasy, but really I kind of have that happen all the time anyhow. The only thing I really notice right now is that I am having the craziest dreams ever. They are making me not feel very well rested when I get up in the morning and they aren't usually very happy dreams either. Other than that, no noticeable symptoms. As Steve said, it is strange that I am no less pregnant now than I will be in a few months, but it seems like it hasn't really started yet.
I am writing this blog and I hope I remember to click "save as draft" instead of "publish," otherwise I might tell you all our secret without meaning to. But once you all know, I'll go back and publish.
We have a secret. We are having another baby. We just found out a week ago and we haven't told anyone yet, so it doesn't feel that real yet. I actually suspected I was pregnant two weeks ago when I had a crazy episode of being super dizzy and off balance. I think I have a little clutzy in my genes (sorry, mom!), but this was more than my normal self. I was at Target in Denver with Kim and I just could not push the cart straight, so Kim was pushing Anya. But then I apparently couldn't walk straight either because twice I ran into a shoe display sticking out from the shelves. And then I just felt so off balance that I knew something else might be going on. We didn't wait as long to take a pregnancy test this time but even so, by the time we took it, it wasn't really a surprise to either Steve or me.
So far I feel great. I have maybe felt slightly more tired and occasionally a little queasy, but really I kind of have that happen all the time anyhow. The only thing I really notice right now is that I am having the craziest dreams ever. They are making me not feel very well rested when I get up in the morning and they aren't usually very happy dreams either. Other than that, no noticeable symptoms. As Steve said, it is strange that I am no less pregnant now than I will be in a few months, but it seems like it hasn't really started yet.
I am writing this blog and I hope I remember to click "save as draft" instead of "publish," otherwise I might tell you all our secret without meaning to. But once you all know, I'll go back and publish.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home