Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Tough girl

If you saw Anya right now, you would definitely wonder what she has been up to. Yesterday we had our third accident in about 24 hours time. The first one happened Monday morning when she tripped over a bag on the floor and fell smack on her forehead. She got a bump and still has a greenish bruise. Then that afternoon, she fell down outside on the concrete and skinned her knee. And then if those weren't enough, yesterday morning she fell out of a chair. A regular adult sized chair. I think she got her hand stuck in a gap in the table and then while trying to free her hand, she fell out of the chair and onto the floor. You might be wondering why I said that's what I think happened. Because I thought it was safe to leave her calmly sitting in the dining room chair while I went out to get her a drink of milk. Smart! I felt really bad, of course, especially when we got concerned that she had really hurt her wrist. She had a pretty bad bruise and scratch on her wrist and seemed to be really cautious about using that hand. She could do some things, but then she would whimper and stare at her hand when she tried to do other things. I called the nurse just to make sure we didn't need to have her checked out. They told me all the warning signs to look for and we didn't end up needing to do anything after all. But she looks a little beat up right now.

Sorry, Anya!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home