Confessions of a single mom
So, if you've been keeping up on Steve's blog (he's much better at being current, by the way), you would know that Steve is off being a mountain-man and I'm home with Anya. I am happy for him to have this time to do something he loves...however, it does leave me having a greater appreciation of what it must be like to be a single parent. And I am so happy I am not in that situation permanently.
Actually, that being said, I have been having a pretty great time so far. On Friday I went down to Denver to meet Kim. Anya and I even spent the night at her place where Anya learned a new word, "kitty." She loved Kim's cat Bingo and would get really excited and say "kitty, kitty, kitty" over and over whenever she saw him. I left Kim's about 3pm today (Sat.) and we basically spent the whole time I was there shopping or eating! Not a bad way to spend my time and I managed to really spend very little money.
Side note: Steve can't usually say the same thing for when I'm gone. I have occasionally come home to new purchases. Yes, he usually gets great deals and does a lot of research first and I don't really have a problem with anything, it is just funny that there is a strong correlation between me being gone and Steve spending money. He probably will not appreciate that I am writing this, but he can write a rebuttal later, if needed.
Anya slept the whole way back from Denver and she seemed really happy to be home. She was so content that she just played and played for almost two and a half hours without me really having to do anything to entertain her! I then gave her a bath and we went on a nice walk outside once the weather was cooler. We came home and had a late dinner and now we are upstairs at the computer. I am obviously trying to write this and Anya is trying to get into as much trouble as possible.
Overall, my time without Steve has been pretty fun so far. Not because he's not here, but because I've been doing fun things. I think I now have something planned for part of every day, so that feels good. I think in some ways I am happier with Anya when he is gone for extended periods of time because I know that it won't help if I just get frustrated with her because I've got several days to go, rather than just waiting several hours until he gets home from work.
Well, I've got to go put Anya to bed. I'll write more in the next few days if she lets me.
Feel free to give me a call if you are bored in the next few days!
Actually, that being said, I have been having a pretty great time so far. On Friday I went down to Denver to meet Kim. Anya and I even spent the night at her place where Anya learned a new word, "kitty." She loved Kim's cat Bingo and would get really excited and say "kitty, kitty, kitty" over and over whenever she saw him. I left Kim's about 3pm today (Sat.) and we basically spent the whole time I was there shopping or eating! Not a bad way to spend my time and I managed to really spend very little money.
Side note: Steve can't usually say the same thing for when I'm gone. I have occasionally come home to new purchases. Yes, he usually gets great deals and does a lot of research first and I don't really have a problem with anything, it is just funny that there is a strong correlation between me being gone and Steve spending money. He probably will not appreciate that I am writing this, but he can write a rebuttal later, if needed.
Anya slept the whole way back from Denver and she seemed really happy to be home. She was so content that she just played and played for almost two and a half hours without me really having to do anything to entertain her! I then gave her a bath and we went on a nice walk outside once the weather was cooler. We came home and had a late dinner and now we are upstairs at the computer. I am obviously trying to write this and Anya is trying to get into as much trouble as possible.
Overall, my time without Steve has been pretty fun so far. Not because he's not here, but because I've been doing fun things. I think I now have something planned for part of every day, so that feels good. I think in some ways I am happier with Anya when he is gone for extended periods of time because I know that it won't help if I just get frustrated with her because I've got several days to go, rather than just waiting several hours until he gets home from work.
Well, I've got to go put Anya to bed. I'll write more in the next few days if she lets me.
Feel free to give me a call if you are bored in the next few days!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home