Visit to IL
If you have been keeping up with Steve's blog, you would know that Anya and I are in IL. We arrived last Friday and won't leave until next Wednesday. The trip is serving a couple of purposes. First, I just love seeing my family, second, I have my ten year high school class reunion this weekend, and third, for my birthday I asked my parents to come out to CO to watch Anya so I could work on making her a scrapbook since I haven't started doing anything with our thousands of pictures since she was born. The timing of the reunion changed the plans a bit and instead of mom and dad coming to CO, I loaded all my pictures and materials on the plane and brought them to IL to work on it here while my parents had fun with Anya. Both mom and dad have taken almost every day off of work and that has been much appreciated.
We are having a really fun time with family. Anya loves everyone so much and it is really obvious that she remembers them. She may have even warmed up faster this time than usual. We were especially happy to watch her relationship with her cousin Dylan become more of a friendship. They played really well most of the time together. We occasionally had to intervene with a few sharing problems, most of which were because Anya took something away from Dylan. But overall, they had a lot of fun together. They both can say each other's names and it is so cute to hear! Anya was just so excited and loved Dylan so much that it was actually kind of a little scary for Dylan at times because Anya would get really excited or get in her face or try to give her toys and Dylan wouldn't always know what to do with Anya's enthusiasm. It is going to be so much fun to watch their relationship continue to grow.
Unfortunately, Hilary and Dylan had to go back to Chicago yesterday, and Anya cried when they had to go. They will be back on Monday, so I am sure we will have a happy reunion to look forward to.
I am actually finding time to work on my scrapbook. Well, it's not a scrapbook anymore. I have gone back and forth and round and round with so many ideas of what I could do and wanted to do with our pictures. After much deliberation, buyer's remorse, and headaches, I have finally settled on doing regular photo albums. I got the kind where you have two pictures on a page with a space to write next to each one. So far I have all the pictures loaded in the albums for 2005 and I was able to narrow it down to a little over 600 pictures. If you saw how many we actually had, you would know what a feat this was to select the final cut. Hopefully, I won't choose so many for the current and future years. I have begun the task of writing in the albums, but so far I'm not past the first two weeks of Anya's life.
My compromise for feeling like the photo albums are boring, too long, and uncreative is that I am going to print a highly select few pictures and put them in a special book all by themselves. Steve and I have taken a lot of good pictures, but I think, we can narrow it down to the few highlights we are really proud of. That way when someone wants to look at a picture of Anya, they can just look at the highlights book and not have to bother with the 600 pictures. So far I feel good about this idea, but I still feel a little like a failure for not following through with a scrapbook. But realistically, a kind of scientific photo album is better than nothing at all and I know this is something I'll be able to follow through with better than an elaborate scrapbook.
Stay tuned for reflections on my class reunion. Friday night is at a bar and Saturday night is at a bowling alley! Should be interesting!
We are having a really fun time with family. Anya loves everyone so much and it is really obvious that she remembers them. She may have even warmed up faster this time than usual. We were especially happy to watch her relationship with her cousin Dylan become more of a friendship. They played really well most of the time together. We occasionally had to intervene with a few sharing problems, most of which were because Anya took something away from Dylan. But overall, they had a lot of fun together. They both can say each other's names and it is so cute to hear! Anya was just so excited and loved Dylan so much that it was actually kind of a little scary for Dylan at times because Anya would get really excited or get in her face or try to give her toys and Dylan wouldn't always know what to do with Anya's enthusiasm. It is going to be so much fun to watch their relationship continue to grow.
Unfortunately, Hilary and Dylan had to go back to Chicago yesterday, and Anya cried when they had to go. They will be back on Monday, so I am sure we will have a happy reunion to look forward to.
I am actually finding time to work on my scrapbook. Well, it's not a scrapbook anymore. I have gone back and forth and round and round with so many ideas of what I could do and wanted to do with our pictures. After much deliberation, buyer's remorse, and headaches, I have finally settled on doing regular photo albums. I got the kind where you have two pictures on a page with a space to write next to each one. So far I have all the pictures loaded in the albums for 2005 and I was able to narrow it down to a little over 600 pictures. If you saw how many we actually had, you would know what a feat this was to select the final cut. Hopefully, I won't choose so many for the current and future years. I have begun the task of writing in the albums, but so far I'm not past the first two weeks of Anya's life.
My compromise for feeling like the photo albums are boring, too long, and uncreative is that I am going to print a highly select few pictures and put them in a special book all by themselves. Steve and I have taken a lot of good pictures, but I think, we can narrow it down to the few highlights we are really proud of. That way when someone wants to look at a picture of Anya, they can just look at the highlights book and not have to bother with the 600 pictures. So far I feel good about this idea, but I still feel a little like a failure for not following through with a scrapbook. But realistically, a kind of scientific photo album is better than nothing at all and I know this is something I'll be able to follow through with better than an elaborate scrapbook.
Stay tuned for reflections on my class reunion. Friday night is at a bar and Saturday night is at a bowling alley! Should be interesting!

3 Comments:
Yay! I was waiting for the new post. Dylan equally misses Anya. She seems a little bored all day today. I am just not 2.5 feet tall and as enthusiastic as little Anya...I can't compete.
i'm glad you are making progess on your pictures?
Glad you are home safely, Lara and Anya! When I got home from work last night, it was sad to find unexpected things - like where Anya or Dylan last threw a bowling pin! We still have a multitude of little finger prints on the doors to the porch, but maybe we'll just leave them there for a little while to remind us how lucky we are to have little girls leave them there in the first place. Miss you!!!! mom
Post a Comment
<< Home