Thanks for the company
I just wanted to thank all of you who have kept me company in one way or another over the past few days. Thanks for all the phone calls and emails. Thanks for inviting me over or for letting me invite myself over! Thanks for entertaining me and more importantly, thanks for entertaining Anya.
We didn't do too badly just the two of us, but I think that's because it wasn't really just two of us most of the time. I feel like I love her a little more after these last few days, if that was even possible. And maybe she appreciates me a little more, too, who knows!
Tonight I treated Anya and myself to a dinner for two at Sri Thai, my favorite restaurant in Fort Collins. Anya usually eats the dish that Steve orders, so I went ahead and ordered it in addition to the Panang Curry that I always get. On the way home, I was talking to my parents and they asked me if I had leftovers. I said we did and they said, "Well, Steve will like that too!" I said, "No, he's not going to get it, I'm going to eat it tomorrow for lunch!" Sorry, Steve! If you want Thai, we can go back tomorrow night and you can order it for yourself. But I will let you have some of the coconut ice cream I brought home because I'm not completely selfish.
Tonight Anya ran across a picture of her and Steve together and she exclaimed, "Daddy!!" She was so excited to see him and it was only a picture. It made me get tears in my eyes. I'm sure she will have an equally happy reaction when she wakes up and he is here in the morning.
We didn't do too badly just the two of us, but I think that's because it wasn't really just two of us most of the time. I feel like I love her a little more after these last few days, if that was even possible. And maybe she appreciates me a little more, too, who knows!
Tonight I treated Anya and myself to a dinner for two at Sri Thai, my favorite restaurant in Fort Collins. Anya usually eats the dish that Steve orders, so I went ahead and ordered it in addition to the Panang Curry that I always get. On the way home, I was talking to my parents and they asked me if I had leftovers. I said we did and they said, "Well, Steve will like that too!" I said, "No, he's not going to get it, I'm going to eat it tomorrow for lunch!" Sorry, Steve! If you want Thai, we can go back tomorrow night and you can order it for yourself. But I will let you have some of the coconut ice cream I brought home because I'm not completely selfish.
Tonight Anya ran across a picture of her and Steve together and she exclaimed, "Daddy!!" She was so excited to see him and it was only a picture. It made me get tears in my eyes. I'm sure she will have an equally happy reaction when she wakes up and he is here in the morning.

1 Comments:
Oh that makes me get tears in my eyes too! Your welcome for keeping you company...I wish I could have done better than I did though. You are easy to keep company since I want to talk to you all the time!! I love hearing every detail of your day and never ever get bored of anything you say. Thanks for being a fab sis!
Love you!!
Post a Comment
<< Home