a weekend in photos
There are so many things on my to-do list, but I am taking a moment to capture this past weekend with some of the many photos we took. Sorry, mom, I'll get you my Christmas list soon. Hopefully some recent photos of your grandchildren is a little bit of a consolation for my delinquency in other areas!
Next week Nora will be three months old! She is so smiley and we've been trying to capture that a lot lately.

Nora is getting a lot of affection from her siblings. And it is really cool because she definitely recognizes them and her face just lights up when they come near and she tries to talk to them. It is adorable and they love it too.


Quotes from Anya: "I LOVE Nora's hands! They are so soft!" "I'm so glad we have a baby." "She's the cutest baby ever."

This week in our CSA we got a few pie pumpkins, so Steve decided to give homemade pumpkin pie a try again. Steve tried it a long time ago with a butternut squash, but we decided it wasn't worth the effort and didn't even taste all that amazing. But this time, with the help of four little hands and a food strainer, it turned out much better. He even followed the recipe from the can of Libby pumpkin (with the fresh pumpkin substitution) just to make sure it would turn out as much the same as what we (especially Anya) are used to. It was great! Still a lot of work, but when you look at it as a fun activity to do with the kids, then it's a fun way to spend the day. Especially when the day is Thanksgiving!

Anya and Evan had fun taking turns turning the crank and mushing down the pumpkins into the hopper. Then Evan tried to do both at once (see below). Steve also made homemade applesauce with the kids later in the weekend, but he should blog about that and post the photos on his own. Don't forget, Steve!

On Thanksgiving afternoon it was 60+ degrees outside and we decided to delay naps by a bit and take advantage of the sunshine. It was beautiful and felt so nice, but strange, for Thanksgiving. By the way, it was just the five of us this year. No traveling and no company. It was actually kind of nice and peaceful. If either of our families had been getting together somewhere in the world, I would have been depressed to miss it. But since everyone is scattered, it was nice to have our own day together at home.
Here's Evan who saw daddy throw a ball over the fence and decided he needed to do it himself. It's one of those things you do and then think, "Why did I just show my kid how to do that?" I'm speaking for Steve, but that's at least what I was thinking!



We let him do it a couple times before Steve redirected his excitement into throwing bean bags into the air.

I know I look dorky, but hey, it was sunny and I didn't want to get sunburned! Seriously, can you believe it's Thanksgiving in these photos?!


Anya made up her own game of tossing the bean bags into a hula hoop.

Anya has been begging me forever to make "the girl," pictured below. It was something we made with my mom when I was a kid and she gave us the recipe card to try it out sometime. Anya has been obsessed with making it and we finally found a time to do it. We didn't have peaches for the body or marshmallows for the head, but we made do.


She was so proud of her creation. My favorite quote was, "Now I know what some foods feel like, but I still don't know what they taste like." And really...that is progress. And then Evan climbed up on the chair to help "eat the girl." He ate the apples and the raisins and they both ate the cheese. Anya said, "Who is going to eat the celery and lettuce? Could somebody try them even if they don't think they'll like them?" Of course! "Okay, Evan, here try this celery!" Nobody ate anything green, but it was fun for all!

Saturday morning - Nora LOVES to stand up! And she is so long!

I took a trip to Joann Fabrics on Saturday morning and Steve stayed home with the kids. This is when they started the applesauce. Anya also made a book for Dylan for Christmas. Here is the front of "Love Book."

She also drew a picture for Noah that she is going to put in the backpack we are giving to him. And then she made a sign to go with them both. It reads, "Wrap this sometime." She has been wanting to wrap presents and I keep putting her off saying that we'll wait until later and get out all the wrapping supplies when we have more to wrap. Apparently she thinks I'll need reminding.

And here's just another shot at capturing Nora's beautiful smile.

On Sunday we got out the Christmas decorations. Mostly we just decorated the tree and looked at and played with everything else in the boxes, but didn't really put anything else up. And Steve put up some Christmas lights outside.


Nora loves to sit in the bouncy seat and kick her feet.

It was a really fun weekend. We got some things done, ate some good food, and had some fun.
Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!
Next week Nora will be three months old! She is so smiley and we've been trying to capture that a lot lately.
Nora is getting a lot of affection from her siblings. And it is really cool because she definitely recognizes them and her face just lights up when they come near and she tries to talk to them. It is adorable and they love it too.
Quotes from Anya: "I LOVE Nora's hands! They are so soft!" "I'm so glad we have a baby." "She's the cutest baby ever."
This week in our CSA we got a few pie pumpkins, so Steve decided to give homemade pumpkin pie a try again. Steve tried it a long time ago with a butternut squash, but we decided it wasn't worth the effort and didn't even taste all that amazing. But this time, with the help of four little hands and a food strainer, it turned out much better. He even followed the recipe from the can of Libby pumpkin (with the fresh pumpkin substitution) just to make sure it would turn out as much the same as what we (especially Anya) are used to. It was great! Still a lot of work, but when you look at it as a fun activity to do with the kids, then it's a fun way to spend the day. Especially when the day is Thanksgiving!
Anya and Evan had fun taking turns turning the crank and mushing down the pumpkins into the hopper. Then Evan tried to do both at once (see below). Steve also made homemade applesauce with the kids later in the weekend, but he should blog about that and post the photos on his own. Don't forget, Steve!
On Thanksgiving afternoon it was 60+ degrees outside and we decided to delay naps by a bit and take advantage of the sunshine. It was beautiful and felt so nice, but strange, for Thanksgiving. By the way, it was just the five of us this year. No traveling and no company. It was actually kind of nice and peaceful. If either of our families had been getting together somewhere in the world, I would have been depressed to miss it. But since everyone is scattered, it was nice to have our own day together at home.
Here's Evan who saw daddy throw a ball over the fence and decided he needed to do it himself. It's one of those things you do and then think, "Why did I just show my kid how to do that?" I'm speaking for Steve, but that's at least what I was thinking!
We let him do it a couple times before Steve redirected his excitement into throwing bean bags into the air.
I know I look dorky, but hey, it was sunny and I didn't want to get sunburned! Seriously, can you believe it's Thanksgiving in these photos?!
Anya made up her own game of tossing the bean bags into a hula hoop.
Anya has been begging me forever to make "the girl," pictured below. It was something we made with my mom when I was a kid and she gave us the recipe card to try it out sometime. Anya has been obsessed with making it and we finally found a time to do it. We didn't have peaches for the body or marshmallows for the head, but we made do.
She was so proud of her creation. My favorite quote was, "Now I know what some foods feel like, but I still don't know what they taste like." And really...that is progress. And then Evan climbed up on the chair to help "eat the girl." He ate the apples and the raisins and they both ate the cheese. Anya said, "Who is going to eat the celery and lettuce? Could somebody try them even if they don't think they'll like them?" Of course! "Okay, Evan, here try this celery!" Nobody ate anything green, but it was fun for all!
Saturday morning - Nora LOVES to stand up! And she is so long!
I took a trip to Joann Fabrics on Saturday morning and Steve stayed home with the kids. This is when they started the applesauce. Anya also made a book for Dylan for Christmas. Here is the front of "Love Book."
She also drew a picture for Noah that she is going to put in the backpack we are giving to him. And then she made a sign to go with them both. It reads, "Wrap this sometime." She has been wanting to wrap presents and I keep putting her off saying that we'll wait until later and get out all the wrapping supplies when we have more to wrap. Apparently she thinks I'll need reminding.
And here's just another shot at capturing Nora's beautiful smile.
On Sunday we got out the Christmas decorations. Mostly we just decorated the tree and looked at and played with everything else in the boxes, but didn't really put anything else up. And Steve put up some Christmas lights outside.
Nora loves to sit in the bouncy seat and kick her feet.
It was a really fun weekend. We got some things done, ate some good food, and had some fun.
Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!

8 Comments:
You have such beautiful kids! Nora has an AMAZING smile and you are right her legs are SO LONG! Perhpas a future ballerina?!
Glad you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!
Oh wow, this was heaven to have all these pictures! Yay! Makes me so excited for Christmas. How cute that Anya made those things for Dylan and Noah! She is getting good at writing! I love how her words curve around to the next line - Dylan is doing that too.
So glad you documented the weekend so well so we could be a part of it all! I didn't think you looked dorky in the hat...just like a mom. :)
Thanks for delaying your Christmas list!
Great post Lara! Really enjoyed the pictures and fun ideas of things to do with kids. I can't believe Nora is 3 months old already!
Oh my gosh..your kids are so cute! And I can't believe Nora is already three months old; where does the time go?
I had to laugh at the fact that you had massive snow for Halloween, and mild temperatures for Thanksgiving. Sounds like Illinois weather.
Great post - and well worth having over and above a Christmas list. Although that will be good, too, in order for your children to have something under out tree! Nora is something else! Her personality shines through in these pictures, and I can't wait to hold her again. What a difference it will be from 2 weeks old! Anya and Evan look like they are having a good, peaceful Thanksgiving at home, too. Love, mom
Great post - and well worth having over and above a Christmas list. Although that will be good, too, in order for your children to have something under out tree! Nora is something else! Her personality shines through in these pictures, and I can't wait to hold her again. What a difference it will be from 2 weeks old! Anya and Evan look like they are having a good, peaceful Thanksgiving at home, too. Love, mom
Thanks for sharing! Felt like I was there.
Lara, I loved looking at your photos from Thanksgiving! The fruit and vegetable girl you and Anya created was adorable. Nora is so cute and very photogenic! She could be a Gerber baby!
I can't remember which dates Jeanie said you'd be here for Christmas, but if you're here before the 23rd or after the 1st, I'd love to get together and meet Nora! (Greg and I will be in Florida from Dec. 23-Jan. 1.) Have a great weekend!
Love, Claire :)
Post a Comment
<< Home