Wednesday, September 16, 2009

one week

I can't believe that my baby is already one week old. I'm trying not to become overwhelmed with the hundreds of photos and the looming task of writing Nora's birth story. But I am definitely taking notice of every moment and honestly, I just want the clock to stop and not have her grow up too fast. So, for now I'm just posting a couple photos from today. They aren't the best photos, but they are today. And for now that's all I'm thinking about.

Oops, this photo is actually from last night. She was so awake and alert in her swing. I took a little video too, but it's still uploading to YouTube, so watch for that later.



Today we had quite the busy morning. Grandma Cindy and Evan took Anya to preschool while I stayed home to get ready and feed Nora. When they got back home we immediately left to go get Evan's haircut. Then we went to Whole Foods before picking up Anya from school. Here's a shot of Nora in her carseat just hanging out when we got back home.



This afternoon we got this beautiful flower arrangement in the mail from my dad. The flowers came straight from Hawaii. They arrived in this unbelievably tiny box and they "unfolded" beautifully. Thanks, Grandpa Clark!



This afternoon we got out the baby bathtub in anticipation of giving Nora her first bath at home. Anya was thrilled about the whole experience and practiced with her baby beforehand. Side note: Pretty much all her play these days is babies in the hospital and playing school. Not really different than before last week, but now she just has so much more personal experience to draw on.



And here's a shot from the actual bath.



And where is Evan in all of this?



Yesterday he had a fever of 103! Today he was doing much better, except for when he woke up from his nap (as seen above) and just needed some cuddle time before he was fully awake.

Here's looking forward to another day tomorrow. And perhaps another blog entry.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Melissa said...

She is so sweet! Its amazing how much she looks like her siblings yet also different. I am thinking she looks more like Anya, but then again so much like Evan too... Its going to be exciting watching her grow up!

5:37 PM  
Blogger Hilary said...

I LOVE THE pictures!! She definitely has her own little look. I love the car seat pic the most. She is just gorgeous.

9:06 PM  
Blogger Hilary said...

P.S. I forgot to ask today how evan is feeling...hopefully better.

9:06 PM  
Blogger Crystal said...

I love the shot of you and Anya giving Nora a bath! So sweet! All the ladies in the house!

8:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home