37 weeks
It certainly took long enough, but it seems that this past weekend I finally got some energy back. Woohoo! You would not believe how much stuff we got done last weekend. We made some amazing progress on putting things away, cleaning, and organizing. Seriously, our house hasn't looked this good in a long time. Of course, there is always more to do, but we dealt with stuff that has been sitting around for months, if not a year, in a couple places. It was so satisfying that I couldn't stop. On Monday, I got tons more done by myself. And Tuesday, Anya and I got out all the baby clothes, burp cloths, blankets, etc. and washed and organized all of that.
Now the problem is almost that we're too ready. History has shown that we're not good at maintaining this for long, so we've got to hurry up and have this baby before our house gets to be a disaster again. Of course, it will take a long time to undo some of the progress we've made, considering how bad it was to begin with. But still, I think we're ready.
In addition to the stuff around the house, I also packed my bags for the hospital and bags for Anya and Evan for wherever they end up going. And we made a change in sleeping arrangements by putting Evan into Anya's room. For now we just took out his crib mattress and put it on the floor in the corner of the room. We wanted to just see how it would go and didn't really want to move the crib in there since we'll eventually need it for the baby. But we also weren't really sure what we want to do down the road - keep using a crib mattress on the floor, try a toddler bed, twin mattress on the floor, bunk beds, etc. So, this just kept us from having to buy anything right now and make any big decisions. The move was enough for now.
Here's Evan "all moved in." After we got his normal bed stuff, he had to move in one of his favorite toys - the blocks.

And Anya always wants to be the helpful big sister. Here she is covering him up.

And Evan's been doing pretty good so far. He is a chatterbox when he's going to sleep and we've been trying to teach Anya (and ourselves) to just ignore it and hope he'll go to sleep. He's fallen asleep in the middle of the floor once this week, but for the most part, he eventually falls asleep on his mattress and stays put all night/nap. It has really been so much easier than it could have been. But he seems so old! His naps seem to be a bit shorter since moving and Anya is getting woken up a little earlier in the morning, but overall they are doing okay together.

Update: This was all last weekend. We've been living with the new sleeping arrangements for a week now and it is still going fairly well. We've all had our challenges, but nothing major, so we're just sticking with it for now. Today we picked up a cheap crib mattress, so we have one for Evan and one for the baby to come. Oddly, because we got so much done last weekend, we have been having trouble figuring out what to do this weekend. Don't get me wrong, there is still plenty to do and we've been busy, but it is less list oriented this weekend, I guess.
And now I'm approaching 38 weeks on Monday. I was voting for today to be the birthday! It would have been so convenient. Yes, I know I'm not in control. I have to admit that I'm just really ready to have the baby. I'm tired of waiting, even though I realize that I could have weeks to go. But we're also headed into complications with Anya starting preschool activities this week, so that makes me want to just keep on waiting so we don't have it all happening at once. Okay, so my new vote is for Thursday. We have something to do with the preschool on Tuesday and Wednesday, so Thursday would be perfect because it would give us almost a whole week before her first official day the following Wednesday. I know I'm crazy, but if I can't make plans, at least I can dream!
Now the problem is almost that we're too ready. History has shown that we're not good at maintaining this for long, so we've got to hurry up and have this baby before our house gets to be a disaster again. Of course, it will take a long time to undo some of the progress we've made, considering how bad it was to begin with. But still, I think we're ready.
In addition to the stuff around the house, I also packed my bags for the hospital and bags for Anya and Evan for wherever they end up going. And we made a change in sleeping arrangements by putting Evan into Anya's room. For now we just took out his crib mattress and put it on the floor in the corner of the room. We wanted to just see how it would go and didn't really want to move the crib in there since we'll eventually need it for the baby. But we also weren't really sure what we want to do down the road - keep using a crib mattress on the floor, try a toddler bed, twin mattress on the floor, bunk beds, etc. So, this just kept us from having to buy anything right now and make any big decisions. The move was enough for now.
Here's Evan "all moved in." After we got his normal bed stuff, he had to move in one of his favorite toys - the blocks.
And Anya always wants to be the helpful big sister. Here she is covering him up.
And Evan's been doing pretty good so far. He is a chatterbox when he's going to sleep and we've been trying to teach Anya (and ourselves) to just ignore it and hope he'll go to sleep. He's fallen asleep in the middle of the floor once this week, but for the most part, he eventually falls asleep on his mattress and stays put all night/nap. It has really been so much easier than it could have been. But he seems so old! His naps seem to be a bit shorter since moving and Anya is getting woken up a little earlier in the morning, but overall they are doing okay together.
Update: This was all last weekend. We've been living with the new sleeping arrangements for a week now and it is still going fairly well. We've all had our challenges, but nothing major, so we're just sticking with it for now. Today we picked up a cheap crib mattress, so we have one for Evan and one for the baby to come. Oddly, because we got so much done last weekend, we have been having trouble figuring out what to do this weekend. Don't get me wrong, there is still plenty to do and we've been busy, but it is less list oriented this weekend, I guess.
And now I'm approaching 38 weeks on Monday. I was voting for today to be the birthday! It would have been so convenient. Yes, I know I'm not in control. I have to admit that I'm just really ready to have the baby. I'm tired of waiting, even though I realize that I could have weeks to go. But we're also headed into complications with Anya starting preschool activities this week, so that makes me want to just keep on waiting so we don't have it all happening at once. Okay, so my new vote is for Thursday. We have something to do with the preschool on Tuesday and Wednesday, so Thursday would be perfect because it would give us almost a whole week before her first official day the following Wednesday. I know I'm crazy, but if I can't make plans, at least I can dream!

4 Comments:
Whoa, Evan is so big in his new big boy bed!! I'm so impressed with him sleeping there all good. SO cute. I can just picture them in there together and it warms my heart.
I'll hope for Thursday! :)
I'm hoping for Thursday too so that you start to feel better!
It's so fabulous that Evan will sleep on a big boy bed... blow some of those big kid vibes over here!
Hope the baby comes soon for you!
I'll keep my fingers crossed for Thursday too! (As long as it's not Friday which isn't good for my schedule! I know I don't really get a say, but I'll do it anyway! :-) )
-Kim
Post a Comment
<< Home