oops
Last year my parents were at our house sometime after Easter and somebody had the idea of smashing the old dyed eggs into the sink. Well, Anya LOVED this activity and talked about it all year since. I think she mostly wanted to dye eggs this year so that she could eventually smash them. We went through a period where she would ask several times a day, "Are the eggs yucky enough yet?" "Is that a yucky spot I see?" Finally, at the end of May, I decided that we had reached a sufficiently yucky status, so she got to get her smash on. I didn't really participate in the demolition last year, but for whatever reason, it didn't work as well as the first time. We eventually went to smashing the eggs with the potato masher instead.


I thought I was being so careful and only let a little bit of egg mush go down the garbage disposal at a time, but apparently I wasn't careful enough because pretty soon both sides of the sink started filling up with yellowish, stinky water. My mom is probably the one who will find the most humor in this because she has been the unfortunate operator when our garbage disposal clogged on more than one past occasion. Well, this time also resulted in Steve having to take the whole thing apart and also scoop out the nasty egg water the next morning. Yes, we left the mess overnight hoping that the water would at least drain out...no luck.
I thought I was being so careful and only let a little bit of egg mush go down the garbage disposal at a time, but apparently I wasn't careful enough because pretty soon both sides of the sink started filling up with yellowish, stinky water. My mom is probably the one who will find the most humor in this because she has been the unfortunate operator when our garbage disposal clogged on more than one past occasion. Well, this time also resulted in Steve having to take the whole thing apart and also scoop out the nasty egg water the next morning. Yes, we left the mess overnight hoping that the water would at least drain out...no luck.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home