(in)sanity
We've been having a rough time with Evan lately. We aren't exactly sure what has been going on with him, but he's been throwing terrible tantrums where he is completely inconsolable. It started a few weeks ago, although we can't really remember the onset. And near the beginning, he had a high fever along with being in such a terrible mood. It got so bad that we considered taking him to the doctor, even though we pretty much expected them to think we were crazy. But of course, right after that point, it did start getting a little better, so we're not really sure where we're at right now. It makes me tired to even write/think about it, so I'm not going into much more detail, except to just say that it's something we've had going on that has complicated and stressed up our lives considerably.
And to post these photos of a couple particularly bad days when Evan just "put himself to sleep" for his nap after particularly long tantrum spells.


And to post these photos of a couple particularly bad days when Evan just "put himself to sleep" for his nap after particularly long tantrum spells.

4 Comments:
I keep meaning to ask you about this, and I'm glad it's getting a little better. He does look just so pathetic in those pictures...oh Evan, we love you!!
I kind of envy that he's young enought to act out his frustrations until he passes out. If only I could do that as an adult!
I totally understand!!! Danielle is doing this too, except that instead of passing out nicely in the hall/on the couch, she pukes. Lovely.
Wow. This sounds so hard. You can even see the frown on his face while he's asleep.
He must be feeling some pretty intense emotions. I imagine that as he gets older, he'll learn to channel all that feeling/emotion/energy and do some pretty incredible things! But right now it's just hard.
How difficult it can be to raise up these little people sometimes. When they feel with as much (if not more) intensity than an adult, but are not yet capable of clearly expressing - or even understanding - the emotions yet themselves.
I suppose it will get both easier and harder as they grow.
Post a Comment
<< Home