dress
On to a new topic...I sewed my first dress! And I made it without a pattern or any help. And it doesn't look all that bad. It is for Dylan's baby doll, so it doesn't have to be perfect, but I still wanted it to look good.
Dylan hasn't been super into playing with dolls in the past, but Hilary recently asked me if I would make a couple diapers for her baby because she was starting to be more interested in it but didn't have any supplies. She didn't ask for clothes, but when she said that the baby also didn't have anything to wear, I thought I was up for the challenge. And plus, I was trying to procrastinate with dealing with packing for our camping trip, so what better way to do it than by sewing.
So, I created this crazy little dress, in addition to two cloth diapers for the baby. It was fun to figure out, but also VERY frustrating. And I am glad I tried my first thing like this for a doll. I couldn't have gotten away with the amount of trying on and fussing that I had to do with a real child. And while it was cool to finish it, I'm not itching to make my kids tons of clothes.
But here are the photos. Yes, this doll is strangely shaped, extremely stiff, and kinda freaky. Anya and Dylan both have one, which is why I was able to have a model at home. After staring at this freakish baby for a freakishly long time to make her some clothes, I encouraged Hilary to get Dylan something else like she was already thinking of doing. By the way, Hilary, does the dress and diapers fit the new baby?






Dylan hasn't been super into playing with dolls in the past, but Hilary recently asked me if I would make a couple diapers for her baby because she was starting to be more interested in it but didn't have any supplies. She didn't ask for clothes, but when she said that the baby also didn't have anything to wear, I thought I was up for the challenge. And plus, I was trying to procrastinate with dealing with packing for our camping trip, so what better way to do it than by sewing.
So, I created this crazy little dress, in addition to two cloth diapers for the baby. It was fun to figure out, but also VERY frustrating. And I am glad I tried my first thing like this for a doll. I couldn't have gotten away with the amount of trying on and fussing that I had to do with a real child. And while it was cool to finish it, I'm not itching to make my kids tons of clothes.
But here are the photos. Yes, this doll is strangely shaped, extremely stiff, and kinda freaky. Anya and Dylan both have one, which is why I was able to have a model at home. After staring at this freakish baby for a freakishly long time to make her some clothes, I encouraged Hilary to get Dylan something else like she was already thinking of doing. By the way, Hilary, does the dress and diapers fit the new baby?

5 Comments:
What joy! The dress is adorable - as you see in the pic, and YES everything fits the new Corelle doll too - but it doesn't look as cute on that one cause the white cloth body shows through the cute sleeveless dress. I think it's awesome, actually, and am super proud to own this first attempt at a dress. Thanks Lara!!! Everything is being utilized right now!
I think Marisol needs some too! :) Graden loves the pillow and blanket you made for his baby.
You might be able to start a little business...cloth diapers and burp cloths for real babies, and diapers and dresses for doll babies. Once you're up and running, I'll send in some orders :-)
The dresses are great, you have inspired me.
I'm impressed! Just wait until Evan wants clothes for his trucks! That will be a challenge!
-Kim
I'm impressed! Maybe Princess Pittman will be ordering some doll clothes in the next few years. Great job!!
Post a Comment
<< Home