waiting
This week I've been keeping busy so as not to get too anxious about the coming baby. (Note: It's not really working.) Monday afternoon I took Anya and Evan on a thrift store adventure. Sometimes I go and find nothing and it's kind of a disappointment. This time we actually found some fun deals, including a play canopy. I recently ripped out this article in a magazine about how to make one with fabric and a hula hoop and had intentions of trying to do it someday. While we were at the thrift store I found the perfect roll of fabric to make one. But then we found this already made one for $7.99 and we decided to just go for that one, at least for the time being. Of course, I still bought the fabric, too. The already made one is smaller than what you would make with a hula hoop. We set it up over Anya's bed to try it out just because we already had a hook in the ceiling there. But I wasn't into the idea of her sleeping under it and it made her bed a little too fun. So, we decided to hang it over the couch in Evan's old room - the baby's future room. It makes a cozy little spot where we have been reading books ever since.


I've also made two bags this week. The first one is the same lined tote bag I've been making since last year. The intended owner should recognize the fabric they picked out of my stash. You'll have to come visit to get your bag! But I probably have to have a baby first, huh?

And then I made a bag for Evan. Anya is so into packing her stuff to go places and Evan has started occasionally requesting a bag for his own stuff. We have a lot of bags around here, but I wanted to make something special just for him, something a little smaller and a little less girly than a lot of what we have. The result is this little bag I made during naptime today. It is fun to have a project I can complete from start to finish in the time they are sleeping. It is especially nice when it all goes smoothly and there aren't any loose ends to tie up later. Plus, giving it to him when he woke up grumpy was a good mood changer.

It ended up being a little more feminine than I had thought it would be, but who cares!

Yesterday, I made a cover for a mini-boppy for Anya. I know that when I start nursing our new baby Anya will get back into that feeding method with her doll babies again like she did when Evan was born. (She's usually into bottle feeding these days and not breastfeeding.) :-) So, when I found a medical headrest pillow (also from Monday's thrift store adventure), I decided to call it a boppy and spruce it up with a pink flannel cover. I'm sure you'll be seeing photos of it "in action" very soon.
I've also made two bags this week. The first one is the same lined tote bag I've been making since last year. The intended owner should recognize the fabric they picked out of my stash. You'll have to come visit to get your bag! But I probably have to have a baby first, huh?
And then I made a bag for Evan. Anya is so into packing her stuff to go places and Evan has started occasionally requesting a bag for his own stuff. We have a lot of bags around here, but I wanted to make something special just for him, something a little smaller and a little less girly than a lot of what we have. The result is this little bag I made during naptime today. It is fun to have a project I can complete from start to finish in the time they are sleeping. It is especially nice when it all goes smoothly and there aren't any loose ends to tie up later. Plus, giving it to him when he woke up grumpy was a good mood changer.
It ended up being a little more feminine than I had thought it would be, but who cares!
Yesterday, I made a cover for a mini-boppy for Anya. I know that when I start nursing our new baby Anya will get back into that feeding method with her doll babies again like she did when Evan was born. (She's usually into bottle feeding these days and not breastfeeding.) :-) So, when I found a medical headrest pillow (also from Monday's thrift store adventure), I decided to call it a boppy and spruce it up with a pink flannel cover. I'm sure you'll be seeing photos of it "in action" very soon.

4 Comments:
Lara, will you make me a man-bag sometime? :) You really do make some very cool bags and dresses and things. Thanks for sharing! Best wishes in the coming weeks!!
I can't wait to get my bag, meet the baby, and give you your quilt! Boy we have a lot to cover during our next visit! :-) Miss you and good luck with the next couple weeks!
-Kim
Love the man-bag! It looks just perfect for trips to the library! That mini-boppy thing is a great idea, I'll have to add that to my "big sister" notebook I keep for Danielle.
Kim and I must have similar tastes since those two fabrics are exactly the fabrics of my diaper bag made by Emily's sister-in-law. Did we already talk about this? They are EXACTLY the same two. Weird. I almost thought you were talking to me in that mention...except I knew I didn't pick them out at your house.
LOVE the canopy and LOVE the boy-bag. So cute and who cares if it's too feminine.
MISS YOU LIKE CRAZY!! Can't wait to meet you little niece!
Post a Comment
<< Home