Monday, August 31, 2009

38 weeks

Today I am 38 weeks pregnant!



This morning I had my weekly midwife appointment. All was well. Measuring fine, heartbeat fine, baby head down (head way down, as the midwife said), and no way of knowing when anything will happen. It is interesting and somewhat frustrating to be rotating through seeing four different midwives. Every one has a different spin on when to go to the hospital, what to do if my water breaks, who to call when, how long to wait, etc. etc. etc. All answers seem clear whenever I'm talking to just one of them, but their answers don't always match, thus adding to my anticipated confusion about what to actually do when something starts happening. Oh, I just hate the anticipation of it all.

And now for the big reveal...some actual belly shots. Don't worry...I'm still wearing clothes. Hopefully you're not offended! We took one like this with Anya and it still fascinates me to go back and look at. And maybe I should be keeping them to myself this time, too, but I'm not, so here you go. And yes, my belly is lopsided. I attribute that to my scoliosis. And the huge mark you see on the side of my belly is a stretched out scar from one of my back surgeries. And no, I don't think my belly is that much different than the previous two pregnancies. Any more questions?





Even though this is my third time, it still amazes me what your body can do.

4 Comments:

Anonymous steph pittman said...

Awwww...you look so cute, Lara! I love the belly shots!!! I'm thinking about you each night, wondering if you are on your way to the hospital to have the next little Troyer. Keep us posted...

8:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the pics! You should take one leaning back so you can always remember how funny she appeared to be laying from the "outside"
-Kim

9:37 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

What a cute belly! It is amazing what the body can do and survive!

3:29 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

You look fantastic - clearly you are a "belly" pregnant woman... I got to be a "belly and butt" pregnant woman!!!

If it happens before your next post - hope you have a nice easy delivery!!!

4:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home