just gonna wait
brief update on evan's leg...i called the dr. yesterday to ask what we should do at this point since evan's leg weirdness wasn't going away. the woman we saw on saturday called back to say that she recommended that we bring him in at our convenience to have a cast put on. she was really leaning towards him having a small "toddler's fracture" that just wasn't showing up on an x-ray and thought that he would be more comfortable letting it heal with a cast on for two weeks and then having it taken off and re-x-rayed. she said we could have any of the doctors do the cast, so i called and remarkably was able to get an appointment this morning with our regular doctor. i wanted to talk to her to get another opinion to make sure we were doing the right thing. i didn't want to create this annoyance if she didn't feel it was necessary, but i also didn't want to be stupid and be mising something that was more serious.
so, we all went in this morning to see dr. anderson. she is great. and great at reading us. after talking to us for a while and watching evan walk around, she was honest and said she didn't really know what to tell us. she got the sense that we weren't sure about the casting recommendation and said it wouldn't be her recommendation at this point either. she said we should just wait it out for a bit and see what happens. she said that if things don't improve by next week that we should bring him in for a more thorough work-up, possibly even considering an MRI or CAT scan to check for some problem with his lower spinal cord (yikes!), but she didn't seem necessarily worried about that as an option. she seemed to think the most likely thing was that the virus/cold he has last week had somehow caused some sort of complicated medical term involved the words "virus" and "toxic" in his hip or hip muscle or something and that it has just taken time to work itself out. she thought that maybe the motrin we were giving him regularly on the weekend maybe gave it time to reduce some inflammation. who knows!?
but today he didn't have hardly any problems, so maybe we're out of the woods. cross your fingers!
thanks again for all your concern and comments!
so, we all went in this morning to see dr. anderson. she is great. and great at reading us. after talking to us for a while and watching evan walk around, she was honest and said she didn't really know what to tell us. she got the sense that we weren't sure about the casting recommendation and said it wouldn't be her recommendation at this point either. she said we should just wait it out for a bit and see what happens. she said that if things don't improve by next week that we should bring him in for a more thorough work-up, possibly even considering an MRI or CAT scan to check for some problem with his lower spinal cord (yikes!), but she didn't seem necessarily worried about that as an option. she seemed to think the most likely thing was that the virus/cold he has last week had somehow caused some sort of complicated medical term involved the words "virus" and "toxic" in his hip or hip muscle or something and that it has just taken time to work itself out. she thought that maybe the motrin we were giving him regularly on the weekend maybe gave it time to reduce some inflammation. who knows!?
but today he didn't have hardly any problems, so maybe we're out of the woods. cross your fingers!
thanks again for all your concern and comments!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home