Friday, January 16, 2009

burp

I really will post some updates about my children soon, since I know that's what most of you want to see, but I have some sewing I want to document for myself, too.

I saw this idea a long time ago on a website or magazine or somewhere and thought - "I wish I could sew! I would totally do that!" The idea is to buy already made plain burp cloths and spice them up with a strip of fun fabric down the middle. Since I learned how to sew last fall, I've had the stuff to make a set of six forever, but didn't know who to make them for. But when I heard that a friend had a baby who "loved" to spit up, I decided it was time to make them for her. It was so easy and while my sewing is far from perfect on them, I am happy with how they look. I mean, they are just going to catch baby spit-up, so they don't have to be perfect, right?



5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! You have become quite the seamstress! These are all great ideas.

4:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When you feel good enough, you really need to sell your stuff on Etsy. I would buy it, that's for sure!!! I love the burp cloths!

10:05 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

"Designer" burb clothes sell for $25/pair (we were gifted with some when Danielle was born.) Start your on-line shop now!

2:19 PM  
Blogger Melissa said...

You are a sewing goddess!

10:40 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

Wow! I love these. I'll put in my request now to have a couple in a few years!

7:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home