snowflakes
This past week Anya and I have been getting into the Christmas spirit by making snowflakes and Christmas cookies. I forgot to take pictures of all of our cookies, but I do have this lovely photo of the last little scrap of dough we had left that Anya covered in sprinkles.

I let Anya skip her nap this week a couple times so we could have some time to make snowflakes and cookies without having to worry about Evan. He's just not quite old enough to wield a pair of scissors, but he was super excited when he woke up to freshly baked cookies.
Here are some photos of Anya and me making snowflakes. She is SUPER into cutting paper these days, so I figured snowflake making would be a fun idea for her. And it was a huge success. That is, once we switched her to tissue paper rather than regular office paper so she could actually cut through all the layers. I would cut her either a circle or a square, depending on her wishes, and fold it up for her. Then she would cut however she wanted. She made A LOT of them. Here's part of our snowflake factory. While she was cutting her own creations, I started with some snowflake patterns I got several years ago and then made some of my own, too. I forgot how much fun it is to make them. And it was a huge mess!

She got really good at it. The white paper one is one I "helped" her with, but the rest are all Anya.

Here she wanted to pose with her snowflakes.

And then we decided to hang some up on the windows for decoration.

I was going about hanging up some on my own when I noticed that she was still on her first snowflake. I figured out why....she was covering every outside surface with a piece of tape, instead of just the two or three little slivers I was using to hang the rest up. She informed me that I could whatever I wanted to do with my snowflakes, but these were hers and she could do it however she wanted. Those words...exactly. Hmmm...I think she may have heard that before. So, I let her do it. Here's the final taped product.

Luckily, she tired of taping by the next snowflake, so we didn't run out of tape. Note, the Halloween decorations still also on the window. Anya has refused to let me take them down, but finally after the snowflakes went up, she agreed to let me take them down. In the end it was Evan who threw an absolute fit that we put the pumpkins away.
Here is Evan wanting desperately to get to the "stars" and the pumpkins, but we were smart enough to hang them high enough out of his reach. Sorry, Evan.

And here's our front window. All of these were made from the patterns I had. I forgot to take photos of the ones I made myself, but they turned out pretty cool, too.
I let Anya skip her nap this week a couple times so we could have some time to make snowflakes and cookies without having to worry about Evan. He's just not quite old enough to wield a pair of scissors, but he was super excited when he woke up to freshly baked cookies.
Here are some photos of Anya and me making snowflakes. She is SUPER into cutting paper these days, so I figured snowflake making would be a fun idea for her. And it was a huge success. That is, once we switched her to tissue paper rather than regular office paper so she could actually cut through all the layers. I would cut her either a circle or a square, depending on her wishes, and fold it up for her. Then she would cut however she wanted. She made A LOT of them. Here's part of our snowflake factory. While she was cutting her own creations, I started with some snowflake patterns I got several years ago and then made some of my own, too. I forgot how much fun it is to make them. And it was a huge mess!
She got really good at it. The white paper one is one I "helped" her with, but the rest are all Anya.
Here she wanted to pose with her snowflakes.
And then we decided to hang some up on the windows for decoration.
I was going about hanging up some on my own when I noticed that she was still on her first snowflake. I figured out why....she was covering every outside surface with a piece of tape, instead of just the two or three little slivers I was using to hang the rest up. She informed me that I could whatever I wanted to do with my snowflakes, but these were hers and she could do it however she wanted. Those words...exactly. Hmmm...I think she may have heard that before. So, I let her do it. Here's the final taped product.
Luckily, she tired of taping by the next snowflake, so we didn't run out of tape. Note, the Halloween decorations still also on the window. Anya has refused to let me take them down, but finally after the snowflakes went up, she agreed to let me take them down. In the end it was Evan who threw an absolute fit that we put the pumpkins away.
Here is Evan wanting desperately to get to the "stars" and the pumpkins, but we were smart enough to hang them high enough out of his reach. Sorry, Evan.
And here's our front window. All of these were made from the patterns I had. I forgot to take photos of the ones I made myself, but they turned out pretty cool, too.

2 Comments:
beautiful! where did you get snowflake patterns? So cool! And great idea - Dylan LOVES to cut too - can we make some more when we come?
LOL! The snowflake Anya taped with all that tape is hilarous! I'm still laughing over it.
Post a Comment
<< Home