Wednesday, November 26, 2008

counting

We went to the library to get some dvd's and anya wanted to take a piece of paper and a pencil from the library to make a list of the movies we got. Onn the way home, she sat with a stack of dvd's on her lap and drew a picture of them and then counted them all up. I wasn't sure what she was doing, but when I saw it, I thought it was a pretty clever system, so I took a photo of her diagram. She informed me that she drew rectangles for each one because that's what shape the cases are and then she put a dot in each one to count it. She did come up with a total of seven, rather than nine, but that's okay.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's my granddaughter! Very cute and very clever!

7:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's really clever-how cute!

10:59 PM  
Blogger Hilary said...

She totally needs to watch Sid the Science Kid - this is exactly the kind of thing he does on there! :) Cool, Anya!

1:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home