handmade gifts
I can finally post about some of the Christmas gifts I was working on this past year. I made one more tote bag for my mom.

My aunt requested the bag below and while it looks like one of the most simple things to make, it actually threw me for a loop. Thanks to my mom for some much needed assistance!

And I made one a couple more skirts. Dylan picked out this fabric below and I had enough to make a skirt for Dylan, Anya and Anya's "pink baby."

The biggest thing of all that I was working on was making cloth napkins for several different family members. I think I made 89 napkins all together! I have to admit I was a little sick of them by the end, but it was an easy project to do in whatever small chunks of time I could find.




Another project taking up a lot of my creative energy was these bags below. I got the idea from a friend who got the idea from a store who was selling a similar homemade version. I basically just sewed two squares, one with a vinyl window sewed into it, together and filled it with popcorn and several small items. Then I made a card to attach to the bag so that you would know what to find in the bag. I made some for Hilary's kids and some for ours. Really, I had no idea if the kids would actually want to play with them, but it was a fun project to figure out and work on. And while the kids don't play with them tons, they did hold their attention for a while. I think what I'm going to make next is just some plain old bean bags. Although I'm going to fill those with popcorn, too, because we bought a 50 lb. bag for this project. Let's just say I'm bad at estimation.

And here's the photos I took for the cards so you can see what I "hid" in the bags.




My aunt requested the bag below and while it looks like one of the most simple things to make, it actually threw me for a loop. Thanks to my mom for some much needed assistance!
And I made one a couple more skirts. Dylan picked out this fabric below and I had enough to make a skirt for Dylan, Anya and Anya's "pink baby."
The biggest thing of all that I was working on was making cloth napkins for several different family members. I think I made 89 napkins all together! I have to admit I was a little sick of them by the end, but it was an easy project to do in whatever small chunks of time I could find.
Another project taking up a lot of my creative energy was these bags below. I got the idea from a friend who got the idea from a store who was selling a similar homemade version. I basically just sewed two squares, one with a vinyl window sewed into it, together and filled it with popcorn and several small items. Then I made a card to attach to the bag so that you would know what to find in the bag. I made some for Hilary's kids and some for ours. Really, I had no idea if the kids would actually want to play with them, but it was a fun project to figure out and work on. And while the kids don't play with them tons, they did hold their attention for a while. I think what I'm going to make next is just some plain old bean bags. Although I'm going to fill those with popcorn, too, because we bought a 50 lb. bag for this project. Let's just say I'm bad at estimation.
And here's the photos I took for the cards so you can see what I "hid" in the bags.

3 Comments:
These are so awesome!
And, sorry but you are wrong - Noah especially LOVES the beanbag finding toys!! We have one out in our "library" of books and he routinely takes it and plays with it for a few minutes. He really used them on the plane too - I forgot to tell you that. So, he loves them - and I admit I often find myself playing with them too! :) Thanks!!
My friend has those beanbag toys too and I think they are awesome. I could sit forever and play with them too!
Melissa
Wow! Lara, you have been working harder than a sweatshop girl! Great color choices! I love the idea of a bag the kids search for toys in. Sounds fun even to me!
Post a Comment
<< Home