Sunday, September 23, 2007

Help us become addicted before it's too late!

This blog entry is a plea for help.

We need some new TV to watch. Yes, pathetic, I know! As you probably are all aware, this week a lot of the new fall shows begin. And we don't want to miss out. Having TiVo is great for recording, but since I haven't been watching any TV this summer and don't watch commercials anyhow, I have no idea what is supposed to be good.

Steve just had me read two articles online (Newsweek and the AV Club) to see if anything sounded good to me, but it is so hard to tell what is actually going to be good.

So, I'm hoping that all of you can give us some help and let us know what you're planning on watching this fall so that we can jump on the bandwagon before it leaves and not have to scramble to catchup with post season reruns as always seems to be what happens to us.

Please help!

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here are some of our favorites:
How I Met your Mother
Two and a Half Men
The Office
These are all 30 minutes which is about all we have time for :)

We are going to give Chuck a try, but who knows if it will be good.

3:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

1. Desperate Housewives (which starts tonight - set your recorder!) It's sort of trashy, and most people give me an "I can't believe you watch that show" look when I tell them. But it's entertaining, and I like it.

2. Grey's Anatomy. Starts Thursday.

3. King of Queens. I am actually not sure if this show is still airing or not. Apparently, it was on for years, but Mark and I just started watching the re-runs a year ago. It's a funny show - and we've always just watched the re-runs out of order and it's still good.

I think that's it. I remember seeing some commercials for some shows I thought I might like to watch, but I can't remember what they are, so I'll probably have to play catch-up if I decide to watch them.

Happy TV watching!

4:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

First of all - no shows with any dancing... of ANY KIND. They are a complete waste of time.

Secondly, there are some good nature shows having to do with birds and birding behavior. You may need to consult your local TV guide. Or can't you just program your TiVo to look for shows with "avian", "ornithology", "birds" in the title?

5:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

There was an excellent series on the secret lives of cookie makers. It was fascinating all of the stress and pressure put on these people from corporations to produce the tastiest cookie.

There are cookie thieves, cookie sabotages, equipment breakdowns, and more. What was particularly fascinating was how if they makes a mistake such as adding too much of an ingredient, they force feed them the entire batch as punishment. This is also done to fatten up skinny cookie workers.

The workers are kept in underground compounds made of honeycomb with the only the Kebbler elves for company. They are only allowed to watch The Love Boat - another great series for you.

TiVo "cookies", for a very exciting series - it might be a little too intense for Anya though.

6:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here are some of our DVR favorites:

The Office
CSI: NY
Dirty Jobs
Ace of Cakes (on the Food Network)

Steve really, really likes Lost, but it doesn't come back on until January. If you are interested, I would rent the first three seasons to get caught up.

I don't know if we'll get into any of the new fall shows, but I'll let you know if we do.

9:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Current Stuff:

Survivor China - its always fun to watch them starve and fumble in the dirt

Hero - Season two starts tonight. I really like this one.

Ugly Betty - good for light hearted humor, dont have to watch every episode

Grey's Anatomy - have not watched in a while but used to really like it

Ryan has turned me into a Sci Fi watcher. The following have been out for a while but are definatly worth the money. OR if you are interested, I can loan my copies out if you dont mind mailing them back.

Firefly - an AWESOME series! Only went for 1 season

Farscape - very good, went for 4 ish seasons

Smallville - we are just starting this one and so far really enjoy it.

3:09 PM  
Blogger JG said...

1) Battlestar Gallactica: The best SciFi on TV right now. However, you'll want to watch the pilot miniseries and the first three seasons before you start season four.

2) I'll second that Farscape nod. Brilliant series.

3) The Office, but Steve's the one that got me hooked on that one.

4) How I Met Your Mother. Very good writing. Dougie Houser is a little annoying but he'll grow on you. Allyson Hannigan (a.k.a. Willow, Lily, bandcamp girl, etc.) is always fun to watch.

5) Two and a Half Men. Short, funny.

6) The Unit. I like this one because it's about an elite, secret goverment group and the missions they are sent on. Very entertaining.

7) Reaper. Kevin Smith's (a.k.a. Silent Bob) project. Looks pretty funny.

8) Chuck. ...hopefully won't suck.

9) Family Guy, Simpsons, American Dad. All pretty funny shows, and because they are cartoons, your children can watch as well!

11:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home