Evan and the potty
I just couldn't resist sharing this adorable picture I took of Evan on Monday. He actually doesn't mind his tummy time, but he has to be in the right mood. This is currently his favorite toy - a crackly little thing inside a soft piece of fabric (thanks, Craig & Hilary!). But it can get pretty gross and slimy because he gums it all up. Yuck!
Other news - Anya is potty trained during the day! We started last Friday when Grandma Kathy and Grandpa Virgil came to visit and she is quite the little potty pro. We are still putting on diapers for naps and nighttime, but I think this could soon end too because she usually wakes up dry. It was great timing to do it while we had four adults around to remind her and help her with the transition. We made it through and so far she has only had a few minor mishaps and we have survived them with minimal trauma for Anya, which was really our biggest fear about the whole thing. She even wears underpants out in public and uses the public restrooms with no problem. Our biggest hurdle has been pooping in any potty, but she accomplished that for the first time last night at home. I was really overcome with a "wow, you're a mom" moment when it almost brought tears to my eyes to see how excited she was that she made "brown poop" in the potty. Life's simple pleasures!

5 Comments:
Yeah for Anya and for you only having one child in diapers!
Go Anya!!!
:-)
Congrats Anya - what a big girl she is now!! And what an ADORABLE picture of little Evan. He's a blondie now!
This picture is adorable. I'm glad Anya was such a quick learner. You wouldn't want to have to replace the carpet again :)
wow - evan is SO blonde! I was shocked by that pic. aren't you still so glad you cut it?! :) this is hilary your sister, by the way, cause the other hilary post sort of sounded like me too... :)
and i'm so impressed by anya, i'm going to be drilling you later on how to do this in our family! we're not ready yet, but maybe soon?!?!
Post a Comment
<< Home