Freezer
When we got home from Texas at midnight last night, we realized that our kitchen freezer had been left open a crack. We were exhausted from our delayed travel and were hoping to go straight to bed, but instead we found ourselves throwing out tons of food and cleaning up leaking raspberry juice. Luckily it was only a little smelly and most things were contained in their packaging. We had to throw almost everything away except some muffins. Good thing our trash pickup was this morning. I was happy that we keep most of our expensive items like meat out in the garage freezer, so they survived. We turned off the freezer because we still had some cleaning to do in the morning and didn't want the grossness to freeze back together. But when we woke up in the morning, I realized that turning the freezer all the way down had stopped the refrigerator from cooling, so I had to clean up/throw away some more stuff this afternoon. I think everything is cleaned and put away now, except our floor. It still needs to be mopped very soon.
I guess I need to add "make sure freezer is shut" to our to-do list before we go on vacation next time.
And add some more frozen peas to our grocery list.
I guess I need to add "make sure freezer is shut" to our to-do list before we go on vacation next time.
And add some more frozen peas to our grocery list.

1 Comments:
Ugh...that stinks! That is one of my biggest fears each time we pull into the driveway from a trip to Champaign...that the fridge/freezer will have gone out or isn't shut all the way. I'm glad it worked out and you didn't have too big of a mess.
Post a Comment
<< Home