Thursday, January 09, 2014

Shhh...don't call it a resolution

I just had a mini-freak-out when I went to lara.blogspot.com and wondered why someone else was posting vampire poetry on my blog.  Clearly it has been too long since I've routinely visited my actual blog at larakbt.blogspot.com when I don't even recognize my mistake...

So, can I just delete that last post from September where I was falsely promising to blog again?  I did actually write an entry about my dear little Nora, but I never finished or posted it...obviously.  I'm terrible.  My sister has challenged me to do a photo a day with her this year and it is so tempting.  I had actually already contemplated it and even though I am hesitant to even start something that I am almost certain I will fail at, I am still considering it.  It's only January 9th, after all.  Surely I can come up with photos from the past eight days, right?

Today Anya is home sick with a stomach bug.  On days like this I find myself both wishing my children were still homeschooled and thankful that my children are in school.  Wishing for the homeschooling life means missing the days when we were all getting the rest we needed and we didn't have to be on anyone else's schedule, having the time to let our bodies and our minds heal.  But I am also extremely aware that having a place for the non-sick children to go for even a few hours during the day can sometimes make for a more restful environment at home.  Even if it is super complicated trying to figure out who is dropping off and picking everyone up with what combination of sick and well children along for the ride.

There is so much I would like to share in this space and so much I've missed.  Just sitting down to type on a real keyboard seems like a luxury these days.  Posting photos is so wonderful and necessary to staying connected with people, especially family far away.  And so I look forward to fulfilling that portion of this blog's purpose.  And I hope that posting photos again will help motivate me to actually take more photos.  The spontaneous iPhone moments, but more importantly to get reacquainted with the real camera.  But I also look forward to the words I hope to share, for the attempts to articulate the swirling thoughts in my head.  I know some of you come for the photos and some of you come for the words.  For whatever reason you haven't given up on this blog...welcome back...again.

2 Comments:

Blogger Hilary said...

Hip-hip-hooray!!

Hopefully me posting regularly will motivate you some, even if you don't do a photo a day with me. The problem with you doing a photo a day is you are a real photographer with a real camera. And my purpose is not to post an awesome photo but to just capture one moment in our day, so I can look back at the year in pics and see how it's gone. Which of course would be some of your purpose too, but I know that would be harder for you because you know you CAN take better pics with a REAL camera. So, don't stress yourself out, but DO post more...writing AND photos! LOVE YOU!

8:28 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

I'm so glad to see you post anything... written or photos. Can't wait to share in your life again since I miss you so much.

7:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home