$5 fun!
We have been having some great fun this week with a new purchase we made over the holidays - a $5 overhead projector we bought at Grandpa Virgil's work. I think a few people thought I was nuts when I said I wanted it. And no, I'm not putting math problems up on the wall for my kids to solve...yet. ;-) And no, we really don't have room for this in our house. And yes, it is just sitting on the floor in the main hallway when we're not using it. But it is so much fun!
I was surprised to find that my old overhead pens from my long ago teaching career (before Smart boards and such) were not all dried out! And I still have a box of blank transparencies.
We had fun drawing and projecting it on the closet door - we were so excited we couldn't even take the time to move it to a better location the first day.
And then we moved to putting our colored disc counters onto the screen and making beautiful pictures and playing with color combos.
I was surprised to find that my old overhead pens from my long ago teaching career (before Smart boards and such) were not all dried out! And I still have a box of blank transparencies.
We had fun drawing and projecting it on the closet door - we were so excited we couldn't even take the time to move it to a better location the first day.
And then we moved to putting our colored disc counters onto the screen and making beautiful pictures and playing with color combos.

7 Comments:
Jumped right over from your comment on my blog. THIS IS FANTASTIC! Totally take me back to geometry class. I'm SURE you and Steve can find a good space of wall somewhere to paint a white square and make this a permanent fixture in the schooling area!!!
That is unbelievably fantastic!
I'm not going to paint the wall, but they can use the actual projector screen in the basement any time they want.
Thanks for a new post and I know you'll get way more than $5 worth of fun out of it.
Great idea! Beautiful pictures
Lara, I am finally caught up on your writing! It was so great to see you all...in pictures. Especially Nora! I haven't seen her since you left Colorado. I still will find time to reply to your email. Take care, Lisa.
I totally remember a blog comment a week ago about how you were writing some back to school stuff...
holding my breath for the posting of said writing!!!!
Post a Comment
<< Home