January 4, 2014
One of the kids' favorite activities is to "do science." "Doing science" usually involves mixing a bunch of household stuff and making a huge mess. On this day, we were about to get snowed in and I was in the midst of making lunch when "doing science" was suggested by Evan. This particular installment was fueled by a recent chemistry demonstration show we took the kids to at the University of Illinois. This time I tried to stay completely out of it, except to hand them a hard to reach ingredient or to enforce some safety rules with the cutting and smashing of vegetables.
Ingredients used (at least the ones I can remember): flour, sugar, candy canes, celery, carrots, dish soap, empty yogurt containers, plastic cups, cheese, leftover donuts, shredded Kleenex box, water, glue.
| Anya's creation was the least messy - she was trying to make a "pie" with mostly flour, water and crushed candy canes. |
| Nora worked diligently on cutting tiny pieces of string cheese and celery, melting the cheese and mixing/smashing it all together with dish soap and some glue. |

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home