Thursday, January 09, 2014

January 2, 2014

The Breeze family fun continued on January 2nd as we began a new tradition.  We split into two teams for a game night loosely based on "Minute-to-Win-it."  It was a lot of fun for all ages.  We tried to chose games that would challenge the older and the younger family members at different times.  The best part for me was that it seemed fairly unpredictable as to what the outcome would be for each person.  We had to minimize a little of the racing/competition aspects for our more sensitive family members, but hopefully as the years go by we will all be more able to fully embrace the fun spirit of competition.  We had a lot of photos and video of this event, but here are just a few moments to share.

Steve assisting Dominick in the cup stacking.

Such concentration!

Racing to put together puzzles of cut up cereal box fronts.

One of the most entertaining challenges - wearing pantyhose on your head with a tennis ball in the toe.  You had to swing the ball with your head and try to knock down six water bottles.

Another crowd pleaser: an empty tissue box filled with 8 ping-pong balls tied around your waist.  You had to do whatever it took to get them out.

Nut stacking.  Jason was clearly the winner!
We had a lot more games not pictured in these photos.  And honestly, I don't even know which team won. Noah made us a trophy and I'm not sure who won it.  Hilary, do you know?  This was such a fun family tradition and I think everyone was in agreement that we should continue it next year.

3 Comments:

Blogger Kim said...

Great idea! Love the pictures and can just hear everyone laughing.

8:01 AM  
Blogger Hilary said...

I love these pictures! I want to copy this post to my blog so I'll have memory of it. These are so great! I need to get your pics onto my computer sometime soon.

11:43 AM  
Blogger Hilary said...

Our team won by about 20 points. I never told anyone because no one asked me! :)

11:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home